“In Two Minds”

Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Rosebank
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Visited on Saturday 1st September. Table for 4 at 8pm. Shown quickly to table and despite some of the other reviews mentioning the temperature, I found it to be well maintained despite being in a full room.

I opted for the chicken liver parfait which was nowhere near as good as I'd had previously in the Dalzell Park or Artisan in Wishaw. It actually tasted like a shop bought pate from Morrisons. I mean no disrespect to that particular supermarket brand but I expected a little better from the Popinjay.

I had the medium rare rib eye for main and couldn't fault it.

One of my table mates ordered his well done (each to their own) but it came out rarer than mine. If he sends it back at this point we're eating at different times so he soldiered on but it really was an amateurish mistake.

My partner's sea bass came with a tomato and garlic pasta that was overpoweringly garlicy.

Nice cheesecake dessert to finish.

All in all some good and some bad but for the money you are paying I would suggest one of the establishments mentioned earlier.

The service was perfectly fine but the value for money was not.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

If you want to eat in a Sauna, this place is for you! Seriously, the service is well intended but misses the mark - the food is passable. Also - when you have to ask for a wine bucket for a bottle of white wine, which wasn't chilled in the first place...you'll see what I mean.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

This is my local and got to say it was a superb meal tonight. I had Chicken Supreme which was excellent and as usual staff were very attentive.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Seabass & lamb both gorgeous. New Zealand sauv blanc too!

Reviewed July 6, 2012

It is in the clyde valley among the many garden centres, so it was nice to have a more up market lunch rather than the garden centre self service restaurants. Food was excellent value although we found the service a bit on the slow side, we were not in a hurry so it did not matter.