“New Favorite”

Foothills Milling Company
Ranked #1 of 146 Restaurants in Maryville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Knoxville, Tennessee
“New Favorite”
Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

Since moving to Knoxville 4.5 years ago we have found a handful of restaurants we really like. I'm just sad it took is 4 years to make it to Foothills Milling. Trying to make up for that, we have gone several times in the past few months with friends and family. Meals have consistently been great from start to finish. Everything tastes so fresh... from the bread to the salad to the cobbler. Locally sourced products are the preference here. Every dish I have tried was thoughtfully constructed with a marriage of complementing flavors. It's hard to pick a favorite, but you must try their cedar plank salmon. At least one of us orders it every time!
The sous vide rack of venison with the Jack Daniels black currant sauce is melt in your mouth tender. Grab a piece of their fresh house made bread so as not to waste a drop of that sauce! Beware, your side of truffled mac n cheese may go quickly if you start to share with others. I've seen it happen!
If you are not feeling so adventurous, try the sous vide filet mignon. (My first experience of sous vide cooking.)
The fork tender smoked pork loin with shrimp over polenta is a delicious twist on the classic, Shrimp n Grits with Tasso gravy. Be sure to share a sampling of their delicious house made desserts including the seasonal cobbler.
Reservations are essential and best to do so a couple of weeks in advance.

maryville
“Excellent!!!!!”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We have eaten there three times and each time should have an extremely high rating. The food was excellent and the service was also excellent.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank 3grandsons
Maryville, Tennessee
“Expensive/Priceless”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Not a fancy location or building, but oh the food and service! You will not be disappointed. Absolutely wonderful.

• Visited October 2013
Maryville, Tennessee, USA
“Always excellent”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I've been to Foothills Milling several times. Each time I go back I worry that the meal won't live up to what I remembered. That has never happened. It's always the best meal I've ever eaten.

• Visited December 2013
Marco Island, Florida
“3rd time & still a charm!”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

We have not been here since they were located in Wears Valley. I had loved the first two visits and had very high expectations for our third visit since it has been 8 years ago. Our meals and service exceeded our expectations. Both of our meals once again were perfection. My only complaint is that my all time favorite restaurant is a 14 hour drive from my home. Foothills Milling Company is a must try. You will go back. (a very comfortable atmosphere)

• Visited December 2013