“Excellent Food... Always”

Maryville, Tennessee, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Food... Always”
Reviewed March 31, 2012

We have eaten at Foothills Milling several times. We live just a few miles from the restaurant. The food is incredible. I have never been there when I wasn't completely amazed by the quality of the food.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank keithdnc

Maryville, Tennessee, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“"Fine dining at its best"”
Reviewed March 23, 2012

For a small town, this restaurant offers foods that will tantilize your taste buds. Whether your likes are beef, pork, chicken or seafood your will find something to your liking and all served in a very gracious manner. Be sure to call in advance if you prefer a certain date and time.

“Upscale dining”
Reviewed March 21, 2012

This unique place was recommended and upon returning to Maryville from Detroit, we stopped in without reservations. They were not busy. Their appetizers are enough for a meal. The bread is fabulous ....we certainly will return

Tampa, Florida
“Fine Dining East Tennessee Style”
Reviewed March 18, 2012

With the tradition and conservative feel of a 1950s steakhouse, Foothills Milling Company serves true class with a Tennessee-inspired menu. The prices are high, but so is the quality. This is a great place to spend a special occasion.

Old Hickory, Tennessee
“East Tennessee's Best”
Reviewed March 15, 2012

I travel all over the state and I love food. Foothills is easily in my Top 3 restaurants statewide, and some of their dishes simply can't be beat. Believe it or not, they do lobster as well as anyone in the state, actually better. They do a great job with duck. I usually don't get steak here, although when I have, I have not been disappointed.

Where Foothills really stands out from most other high end restaurants is appetizers and desserts. They are creative and just plain good. Virtually everything is housemade, from their sorbet to bread. My wife and I often only get appetizers and dessert.

Along with a few Nashville restaurants, Foothills is in the Pantheon of Tennessee dining, in my opinion. Like so many other locals, we have gotten to know the staff over the years and think the world of them. Tommy and Bart are first-rate people, and they excel at hiring a staff that is knowledgeable about the menu but not pretentious.

I can honestly say that, despite the fact that I have very high expectations and have eaten here probably 30-50 times, I have NEVER been disappointed in a meal. I cannot say that about any other establishment where I have been a repeat diner.

I most certainly agree with the review I read a while back. "The best restaurant in Knoxville is in Maryville!"