“Best Meal In Ages!”

Front Royal, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Meal In Ages!”
Reviewed June 3, 2011

The need to make a reservation in advance was well worth the effort.
Pro's
The service was personable and friendly without being intrusive.
Download the menu to see the different takes on seasonal quality ingredients. I took a leap of faith and ordered fried oysters...no 'R' in the month and up near the Smokey Mtns...the best ever...period. Perfectly cooked rack of venison as was everything sampled.
Con's
Too full to sample dessert..they looked great.
Total bill for two inc appetizers, entrees, 4 drinks tax and 20+% tip was $120 well worth the price

• Visited June 2011

Port Orange, Florida
“A hidden gem”
Reviewed March 11, 2011

I have rarely found restaurants in distant cities that I would travel to just to eat there. Foothills Milling Co is such a place though. We went there on a personal reccomendation from a client and even their glowing reveiw couldn't do the place justice. They serve some of the finest foods my wife or I have ever eaten from a fantastic menu. I wish I could have tried everything. Great atmosphere and even better service. The value was amazing too. For 2 people with cocktails and an outstanding bottle of Malbec, our bill was still only just over $120.00. I'd gladly have paid over $200.00 for this quality and have done for lesser culinary experiences. Truly a 5 star experience at 3 star prices. Try it before it gets to the point where you need to make reservations a month or 2 in advance.

• Visited March 2011
2 Thank Paul M
Sevierville
“Our Absolute Favorite Place to Eat!”
Reviewed February 28, 2011

This is by far the best restaurant anywhere near Knoxville! My wife annd I took my grandparents out to eat here a few months ago and had a wonderful time. The enitre menu (which changes regularly) is some of the best cooking you will see in East TN. I had the duck with the blackberry port reduction and couldn't believe the flavors! My wife always describes the food to anyone that asks as "so good that you don't wnat to actually eat it- you just want to keep tasting it!". Highly recommend going and my compliments to the chef and owners. Job well done!

• Visited November 2010
Tennessee
“A small town culinary delight with big city elegance and sophistication”
Reviewed February 12, 2011

My wife and I have visited Foothills Milling on numerous occasions and each time we have left feeling extremely pleased. I would describe Foothills Milling's menu as "elegant comfort food." With southern staples like meatloaf, fried green tomatoes and low country shrimp and grits, comfort food is all over the menu. However, this is not JUST comfort food. These traditional dishes are tweaked in a way that both accentuates the wonderful flavors that those foods typically offer while adding a sense of elegance and sophistication. For example, the fried green tomatoes are cooked to perfection and topped with a tomato pepper chutney, basil aioli and goat cheese. The flavors are blended together perfectly. My personal favorite is the meatloaf, though. My description wouldn't do justice to the dish. Try it.....you won't regret it.

Don't miss out on the best restaurant in the Knoxville area. Call and get your reservation now, it can be tough getting in.

• Visited February 2011
2 Thank matt_thatsme
Maryville, Tennessee
“Best food I've ever had”
Reviewed January 13, 2011

Words can't express how amazing this restaurant is. The food is beyond words wonderful, the service is amazing, and the atmosphere is great. I feel blessed to have this restaurant in my hometown!

• Visited October 2010