“Scabies”

Luxbury Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Maryville
Reviewed September 9, 2013

The room looked clean, but it gave me scabies. The manager assured me that they change the bed clothes between guests, but I don't believe that is the case. I started getting bites about an hour and half after getting in bed. The next morning I was covered in welts. At this point I was hoping and praying it was bedbugs or fleas, but unfortunately it was scabies mites that had burrowed in to my skin. They came preloaded with staff infection which caused sever cellulitis covering my arms almost completely. I'm totally horrified.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Luxburyinn, General Manager at Luxbury Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

I am so sorry you are having repeated medical issues! (I read several other of your reviews with the same complaint.) I remember speaking with you during your visit and,since we have never had this type of complaint before, reached out to our pest control company and a well-respected local physician. Both professionals assured me that it is impossible to catch scabies from a hotel room. The fact is that scabies is spread only through direct skin-to-skin contact and, after infestation, symptoms do not appear until 14-17 days. Fortunately, based upon the facts, it is impossible for you to have been infested by our hotel or any other hotels Since you have had recurring problems, I urge you to link to the article with these facts: http://www.medicinenet.com/scabies/article.htm Hopefully, this information will be of help. We do appreciate your business and are sorry you are having health problems. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I can't believe there are reviews recommending this place. It's dirty, loud with street noise, out-dated furnishings fixtures, TV's from the 80's, It's just plain creepy & would never return. Breakfast was old cheerios and decaying fruit. This place is seriously gross.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sandra O

Thank you for letting us know about your experience at Luxbury Inn & Suites. Our hotel will be replacing the older televisions with flat screen 40 inch in the next few months.

Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

We got a suite very homey kitchenette supplies ect very clean and spacious. Would reccomend to a friend. Many restaurants within walking distance. Stayed after a surgery and place was clean quiet and the staff helped me any way they could almost like family very professional.

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank bhape
Luxburyinn, Public Relations Manager at Luxbury Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Hope you are doing well since your surgery! Please come see us again when you can check out this beautiful part of the country. So glad to hear we met your lodging expectations. That is always our goal!

Reviewed March 7, 2013

What an immaculate room! I've stayed at everything from low, low end motels (just ask my wife)
to some very nice properties. This room was as good as it gets when it comes to cleanliness. Kudos to the cleaning staff.

On a more serious note, you should know that all of the rooms have exterior doors - not a problem for me but for some people that could be a deal breaker.

The continental breakfast is slim. Don't expect much there - mostly pastries and fruit, nothing hot.

I had a one bedroom room with living/cooking area - perfect for my purposes. TV's could use updating otherwise no complaints. Space was good and there was no external noise. Keep in mind it was a slow weekend so I'm not sure my stay is a good measure of sound levels.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Randy_Gardner

AAA agrees with you! We got a big A in our housekeeping review. Please come see us again first opportunity.

We are working on getting the task of updating all of our televisions to flat screen... "to the top of our to-do list." We too want this for our guests!

Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed in a 1-bedroom suite, which was very clean and comfortable. The only item which wasn't clean was the small plate containing soap in the bathroom; it still had the dry remains of a previous occupant's wet soap. That made me look at everything else very closely, but everything else was fine. The rooms aren't huge but they aren't cramped; it's a comfortable space and it was nice to have the refrigerator, sink and utensils, and a aseparate bedroom from the sitting area/kitchenette. The bed was very comfortable. The breakfast is minimal - Cheerios, bananas, Krispy Kreme donuts, muffins, milk and coffee. If you want more, there is a McDonald's just across the parking lot, and several other restaurants in very close driving distance. The front desk staff was very nice. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank hammonl

Thank you for choosing to stay with Luxbury Inn & Suites and for doing a review. Glad to hear that you found our properties cleanliness to your expectations. We now have a new restaurant in our neighborhood called Cook Out. Come see us again real soon!

Reviewed September 13, 2012

We recently visited the Maryville area for a friend's wedding, and found our stay at Luxbury Inn to be quite comfortable. Upon entering the suite, we found it impeccably clean. I was pleasantly shocked at the high level of cleanliness because most hotel rooms don't measure up to that standard. The room furnishings were relatively updated, although the TVs are old but in perfectly good working condition. The full-size refrigerator was great! Bathroom was quite roomy too, and so clean! This hotel is in a very busy area but the room was surprisingly quiet, even with people partying in a room below us. The central location of the hotel makes it super-convenient for whatever you want to do in the area. We will stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lori48192

So good to receive your reply on Trip Advisor, thank you for sharing. We will be upgrading to flat screen televisions, however have not yet done this. We did just this year add all new pull out sofas, so getting closer to the televisions. By the way we now have a Cook Out Restaurant in our neighborhood. Hope you get to come see us again real soon!

Reviewed August 12, 2012

We found the rooms comfortable, roomy and clean and the staff friendly & helpful. We would definitely stay there again when we are in the area. We were in the area for a wedding so had several friends & family staying there. I think all were happy with the rooms & service. Breakfast is very minimal but it is great to have the kitchen in each room.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Luxburyinn, Director of Sales at Luxbury Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2012

Thank you for choosing Luxbury Inn & Suites for your wedding guests. It was our pleasure to serve you. We are privileged to be the host hotel to many weddings. Families love our spacious suites with a full kitchens. Please come see us again when you return to Maryville, TN. We welcome the next opportunity to be your home away from home.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Maryville
Quality Inn Alcoa
Quality Inn Alcoa
#5 of 15 in Alcoa
MainStay Suites Alcoa Knoxville Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Knoxville Airport
Hilton Knoxville Airport
Candlewood Suites Knoxville Airport-Alcoa
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Knoxville Airport

Been to Luxbury Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!