“The BEST”
Review of Lemon Grass

Lemon Grass
Ranked #10 of 147 Restaurants in Maryville
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Lemon Grass Thai Cuisine and Sushi Bar took roots in Maryville in 2002. Since then, the traditional cuisine has provided a place for fine dining and superb Thai and Japanese cuisine.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The BEST”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

The best restaurant in Maryville, Seafood is always fresh, cloth table and napkins, service excellant.

Visited April 2014

Tennessee
“Excellent Thai Food and Service”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Lemon Grass is our "go to " place whenever we want a nice dinner out. We have tried many items on the menu and all have been excellent. The Sarong Shrimp is one of our favorite appetizers and the duck is one of our favorite main courses! The atmosphere is serene and relaxing with an excellent wait staff and real napkins and table clothes. If you like fine dining with ambiance, then this is a place to try. Oh, did I mention that the prices are very reasonable and every Saturday is half price bottled wine?

• Visited January 2014
Maryville, Tennessee
“Great food, price and service”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

This is my favorite Thai restaurant in Knoxville/Maryville area. Food is nicely presented and very tasty, lots of choices and prices are very reasonable. It is a small place with good service. I like going in there for lunch, dinner with family or friends, or for business meetings.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Krystyna37803
“Great place to eat.”
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Best Asian food in Maryville area. Service is great. The restaurant is in a former convenience store. The ambiance is pleasant.

• Visited January 2014
Knoxville, Tennessee
“A Thai Dinner with Friends”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

We had never been to this restaurant but friends knew we like Thai food so they invited us to join them. Lemon Grass isn’t a large restaurant, but its ambience is simple and tasteful. Decorations are minimal but eye-catching. From the outside of Lemon Grass, you wouldn’t expect such a warm and cozy interior. I really thought that it might be more Spartan than it was…

My spouse ordered the Fresh Basil Rolls. ($4.59) They included Gulf shrimp, vermicelli rice noodles green lettuce and fresh basil leaves, wrapped in streamed rice paper and served with plum sauce. My appetizer was the Sarong Shrimp. ($6.59) This eye candy of an appetizer consisted of shrimp stuffed with Thai herbs and then wrapped in rice paper to form nifty cones. The appetizer was served with sweet chili sauce. I really enjoyed my selection and my wife gave 2 thumbs up to hers as well!

For our entrees, my wife ordered the Panang Curry…with a bit of extra heat. ($11.59) She chose chicken over beef or pork in a sweet curry paste with basil leaves and a touch of coconut milk. This dish normally comes with bell peppers but she had them left peppers out. My entrée, (extra heat requested!), was the Spicy Basil Leaves. ($10.99) I chose beef vs. chicken or pork. The beef was sautéed with fresh basil leaves, garlic and Thai chili sauce. The dish normally comes with bell peppers…but I don’t care for bell peppers. The chef got the spice level just about right, with just enough heat to make my head sweat a little… We both thought that our food was very well done.

Our friends ordered two dishes to share. One was the Walnut Shrimp, ($14.99), large shrimp with honey, plum sugar, mayonnaise, and walnut. Their second choice was the Cashew Nut with chicken. ($10.99) Chicken, pork, beef or tofu can be specified for the same price. This dish came with chicken sautéed with roasted cashew nuts, onions, squash, zucchini, carrots, and mushrooms.They really like these 2 dishes and they had had them at Lemon Grass previously.

It was my better half's birthday, so the restaurant served her a complimentary dessert...Fried Bananas with Ice Cream, normally $4.50. The pieces of banana are enclosed in little fried wraps…with sesame seeds, cinnamon and honey drizzled over the top. Excellent!

Even though we had a dessert to share, I saw a second one that one sounded good too and I ordered it. I think that it was called 'Phay Robi'… ($4.50) Its a crepe with condensed milk, powdered sugar and honey with blackberry compote over the top. It was very nice…almost as good as the Fried Banana offering!

The service was just fine. Parking is a little tight. One other observation was that the portions served seemed a little smaller than those served by some other Thai restaurants here in East Tennessee. Still, there was plenty of food.

• Visited December 2013