“Very disappointed”

Ranked #46 of 154 Restaurants in Maryville
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 13, 2012

We visited this restaurant for our TEAM Lunch. The sandwich was very good. Half of the people on our Team ordered the Club which came with homemade fries, the other half ordered Rueben’s which cam with no side. I left the place, still hungry.

The Restaurant was freezing so we all wore our jackets to eat. The Server was rude and stood over our Supervisor while he was signing the check. She made the comment that the reason being that she "had lost a receipt before".

We tried to wave down our Server several times and finally had to all but yell at her to get her attention. We were so short on time that one of our Team ordered desert to go when if we would have had good service, we all were planning on dessert. I would understand if the place was busy, but they were not.

The only highlight to our visit was Miss Olivia stopped to say hello before we ate. I believe that the restaurant should stick to catering only as I am sure that is where they make their money.

The base of the toilet was dusty which made it look unclean.

2  Thank Mary C

Reviewed November 13, 2012

You must try Miss Olivia's at least once - or maybe more. The food is delicious and Miss Olivia makes everyone feel 'at home' in her special place.

Reviewed March 30, 2012

I enjoyed my visit to MIss Olivias very much. The food was very good. Catfish she serves on Friday was delicious! PLT did not have real fried bacon which disappointed me but it was still good. I was surprised by the price of her breverages; very resonablly priced unlike most all the other restaurants in Maryville. Her prices seemed reasonable to me. The setting is old but hey, it's in an older house and I love it! It seems like eating at my grandmother's home. The desserts were simply delicious!!! Love it that she does not put sugar in her cornbread!!!
I had a wonderful experience so you who do not like it, give it another try. I did.

Reviewed March 17, 2011

Overpriced and lacked good taste. Gracious owner but needs major overhaul to both decor and food. Local television show heavily promotes this establishment but must have never eaten there.

3  Thank goldengirl65
Reviewed December 2, 2010

It seems you don't even get in this place unless you are a regular and know some one! The staff were rude...wanted to seat us in a closet room and give us cold sandwiches...said it was all they had when we could plainly see people in other rooms being served large meals!
We were told it was a private party...but people who knew them were coming in and going out all the while we stood there waiting for someone to seat us...which took 20 minutes and then were were told about the party. There was no party!
If that were the case a sign should have been posted...no sign what so ever stated it was close. The place wasn't very busy...but constant!
We wont ever go back to such a rude place!

8  Thank travelinaround2day