“A gem in my back door”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I pass this restaurant by on my way home, not realizing that it was under new management , and has made some delicious changes. Since we travel for work, I rarely get a chance to review a new local place. I honestly dont like to review local places if I have to give them a bad review. Thankfully, I was pleasantly surprised by how good the food was, so good that we intend to go back really soon and try their steaks! Tonight I had the blackened salmon, and it was a large portion and delicious. I had their coleslaw which is homemade and a little different. It almost looks like a small salad, and it is quite small, but the flavor was very good. We also had the fried chicken sandwich which was very good, and huge!
I was pleased to hear they have a kids day once a month, and tomorrow are doing cookie decorating.

3  Thank nanasandi3
Sharma F, Owner at Shiloh Brew & Chew, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words and taking the time to make a post. I am truly glad you enjoyed your visit with us and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed August 16, 2013

This was the first time in for my wife and I . The service was great. The young lady was well versed in the menu and answered every question we had about the place and its food. My wife had the grilled chicken with the corn nuggets and she fell in love with the corn nuggets! She said the chicken was really good and well seasoned. I had steak and green beans and mashed potatoes . The steak was prepared excactly the way I ask for and was very well seasoned. The mashed potatoes where very real and not out of a box. Green beans where crisp and very good also. We will go back.

3  Thank rapom1

I truly appreciate your feedback and thank you so much for taking the time to make this post. I hope to see you again soon and thanks so much for your business!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Without question, the best steak in Blount Co.I got the 8oz sirloin with two sides (11.99) .Tender, juicy, and cooked perfectly. I had mine with the mac and cheese and broccoli. I had asked for 57, but didn't use a single drop. The dry rub seasoning imparted tons of flavor. Great service, great people, and a fantastic hidden gem on the way up 321 to the mountains. The burgers they were churning out looked great, as well. Make a trip up to see Sharma and Shilo's. You will not regret it.

3  Thank AdamT

Thank you so much for your business! Our customers are very important to us and we want everyone who comes in to leave satisfied and we sure are glad that you were! Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

We stopped at Shiloh for dinner on the recommendation of our inn keeper. The place is not much to look at, inside or out. Don't get me wrong, it is clean, just nothing special about the appearance. What it lacked in looks, it made up for in food. I had fish and chips. My dinner was good and more than I could finish. My wife had blackened chicken tenders, which she loved. If this place was close to home, we would eat there often.

2  Thank ParrishGuy

Thank you so much for your business and yes, we wished you lived closer too! I am very glad you enjoyed your visit with us and when you make it back to Tennessee we hope you come see us again.

Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Came here on a Sunday night and the atmosphere was quiet. We stood at the front door for quite some time before we saw any waitstaff. When we finally saw someone, he told us we could seat ourselves (a sign could have been useful here). Sat down and looked over the menu. There are sandwiches, steaks, burgers, all you can eat fish, and chicken (grilled and fried). Ordered chargrilled chicken with green beans and corn nuggets. My husband ordered sirloin with baked potato and onion rings. Food is solid and good. The green beans were in a lot of oil and either pan sautéed or grilled but they were pretty good. Corn nuggets are great and the onion rings are thick and taste like they are from the fair (good country fair onion rings).

My only gripe about Shiloh's is its a bit confused. The main dining room has been remodeled but the bathroom still reminds me of a bar as well as the back room. Overall, not bad at all. Just an odd experience. I might go back.

Thank you for posting this review. I appreciate your kind words about the food and am very happy that you were satisfied with your dinner. As far as the confusion about the building, I could not agree more. I spent so much money on the new kitchen and the outside I had to leave the inside structure as is.I pray that as we grow I will be able to do more. I do thank you so very much for your patronage and hope you will visit us again soon!