“Wow!! What an awesome filet!!!”
Review of Shiloh Brew & Chew - CLOSED

Shiloh Brew & Chew
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 10, 2013

My mouth is still watering... We had a large party and service was awesome, we eached ordered something different and everybody loved their dinners. Huge portions I might add. They had a lil band and they were very entertaining. I would highly recommend you try this cute country restaurant, family owned and operated!

3  Thank Jewels2u

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Visit Shiloh at least once a week. Always satisfied with our meals with lots of food. Prices are great for the amountn you receive.

2  Thank mommajnt
Rob P, Owner at Shiloh Brew & Chew, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2013

We are happy to have such devoted customers! See you again real soon...

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Stopped for lunch at Shiloh's today while out geocaching in the area. Service was great, everyone was very friendly. I had the Philly Cheese Chicken sandwich. I asked for a salad instead of fries, and there was no problem accommodating my request. The sandwich was huge, filled the whole plate, and was very good. Spent a few minutes talking to the owner at the end of our meal. If you are looking for a friendly, family operated business that will also serve you a good meal, I would highly recommend stopping at the Shiloh Brew & Chew.

2  Thank Lori J

Thank you so much for choosing Shiloh Brew & Chew during your adventure. We are definitely in the business making our customers happy to the best of our ability! We do hope you will stop in again whenever you are back this way...maybe next time we'll even have a trackable for you!!!

Reviewed March 27, 2013

I just want to start off by saying it has been a couple weeks since I have been to Shiloh, and doubt I will ever be back. I thought about writing this review for quite some time before I finally decided to sit down and put in my two cents about this place. I gave it more than one try, because I wanted to see this place succeed, as there are so few Non-Chain restaurants in our community, but try as I might, I am unable to say anything good about this place. Twice while thee I ordered steaks, Once a filet, another time a sirloin, I rarely eat steak at restaurants because so few can seem to cook one correctly. Both were ordered Medium Rare, The filet was more Extra Rare, while the Sirloin I had ordered was closer to Medium Well, needless to say, my tries for steak were over after my first two attempts to eat there. I am also a fan of fried pickles, now I will say this used to have GREAT fried pickles, hand breaded, perfect batter, and amazing flavor, the last tiime I was there, they were obviously pre-battered, frozen fried pickles that every other restaurant in town has... The one time I ordered dessert here, I was told by my server that the desserts were homemade, I decided on Cheesecake, and after the first bite, could tell this was obviously not Home-made, (of course the face that I witnesses her taking it out of the box labelled "Cheesecake" in their server area gave it away quicker than the bland flavor) and straight out of a box. On another occasion I was convinced by some friends to give it another try, this was, and will be, my last attempt at Shiloh's Brew and Chew. I decided this time to go easy and simply get a burger, bad choice, apparently the kitchen staff is simply inept when it comes to cooking any form of red meat as my burger, was quite a bit undercooked. The only saving grace for this place may very well be the atmosphere, the staff was friendly enough on each of my visits, although service was atrocious and I won't even begin to talk about how long it took to get a drink or salads or any extras on my ventures to this establishment

As for value, they are extemely OVERPRICED, A 12oz Ribeye and two sides is about 2-3 dollars cheaper than the 23oz Porterhouse with two sides at Texas Roadhouse, I can often overlook price, if the value of the product is worth it, but as you can see from above, the product is far from being worth the outrageous menu prices at Shiloh. Buffalo Wings are ridiculously overpriced at 14.99 for a dozen, considering nearly everywhere else is town in about 8 bucks.... So between, overpriced steaks, lies of "Homemade" everything, and poor quality, Im going to have to move on and find some other place in town that's not part of a chain, it saddens me to some degree that this place is so poor in quality, as I truly had high hopes when I first saw the sign go up. Good luck Shiloh Brew and Chew, Youre gonna need it.

4  Thank Clint A

I do appreciate you taking time to give us your take on our food and service. I am sorry that we were not able to make you happy. As you can see, we get a lot of very good reviews on both the food quality as well as the value. I have personally and extensively explored quality, price and quantity before setting prices. I could offer that 23 oz sub-choice Porterhouse cut of beef and charge the same basement prices, but choose to offer our customers a much higher grade of either upper 2/3 choice or prime beef which we hand-cut ourselves. The wings you mentioned are Jumbo and are priced by weight, not quantity. I don’t even know what to say about the burger…goodness! I have been told more time than I can count that our burgers are amazing and the best people have ever eating. Since the first day we opened I have heard that.

I will tell you that we do hand make almost everything that we have in here with very few exceptions. Occasionally our vendors will offer us a cake or a battered item or something for us to try, and rather than waste it, we try it to see if customers like it better. Inevitably we always go back to our hand made food, which is what we take pride in and is what sets us apart. You apparently tried one of those items. We aren’t currently serving the cheesecake because of the constructive feedback we got from our customers during their dining experience.

We take great pride in our beef, and all of our food for that matter, and if a mistake is made cooking it, we ALWAYS rectify it! One thing I have found is that we cannot please everyone and I am disappointed that we were able to win you over. If you ever do come again, I would personally like to know if you still feel the same after you eat. If you do, ask to speak to Rob please…

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We have been here on several occasions and each time the food has been excellent. The steak is amazing and they have the best onion rings I have ever tasted. The service was fast and friendly and the atmosphere is great for family meals or get togethers with co-workers and friends. I would recommend this restaurant!

1  Thank ladynismo
Rob P, Owner at Shiloh Brew & Chew, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind words. It is our pleasure to serve you and your friends and family some of the best food around. I love to hear that it was "amazing". We take pride in our food and our service and are always trying to make your experience the best it can be. Do come back and visit us again soon!

We are bringing the Reuben and Patty Melt next week. They are awesome!!!