“Don't Expect Bel Air Grill! Crowded. Uncomfortable. Noisy. Unfriendly staff.”
Review of TC's Grill

TC's Grill
Ranked #34 of 154 Restaurants in Maryville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Pros: The fried mushrooms are awesome.

Cons: We looked forward to the opening of this restaurant, because of the original Bel Air Grill on Alcoa Hwy. The ambiance and food was fantastic. The former owner was rumored to be in on this new venture.

Our first visit to TC's was crowded, as expected. What I didn't expect was standing crushed in front of a double glass door, in the heat of the afternoon sun, for 40 minutes, sweating. And I had come inside to be in the air conditioning. lol

The layout of the dining area is literally elbow to elbow out in a CROWDED noisy, brightly lit room. There is barely room to squeeze between tables. It feels like dining in a store display window at the mall. You hear every word from everyone around, and it is impossible to hear conversation at your own table. To make matters worse, employees and managers stand around and stare out at everyone from the kitchen area, which is behind a short wall.

The varied waitresses have all been hurried and harried, with the exception of one. Nothing is relaxing, welcoming, etcetera. Every visit featured morose, unfriendly teen hostesses, and then I get to pay at the cash register where I believe I was spoken to once out of five visits.

The food so far has not compared in the least to Bel Air. Overcooked steaks and burgers is what I have had in my 4-5 visits. While I didn't mind paying those prices at Bel-Air, with it's air of fun and great atmosphere, I can't see paying to feel like I'm dining at the zoo. On the wrong side of the bars.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I recently had dinner at TC's Grill based on recommendations from friends of mine. Located in an old Texaco station behind the Maryville Walmart, the restaurant is very popular with locals and can be crowded at times. Their menu has some decent home-cooking options such as pork chops, chicken tenders, hamburger steaks, sandwiches, etc. The portions are large, the food is flavorful and the staff is friendly. I was somewhat disappointed in the limited menu selections and I think expanding the menu with additional dishes would be helpful. It is worth a visit and the restaurant is open every day except Sunday.