“Not the Bel-Air I was expecting.”
Review of Bel Air Grill - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Bel Air Grill
Cuisines: American
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Not the Bel-Air I was expecting.”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We were so glad to hear that Bel-Air Grill wa coming back to Maryville. We waited until the crowd settled down, which was not long, before going. I got ( what hy are famious for) their hamburger/fries. Much to my sorrow, it was one of he worse hamburgers I have ever eaten. I did not even finish it. My fries were not as I remembered them at the Bel-Air Grill on Alcoa Hwy. I was saddened by this. Found out later the name was bought but not the "cook". We will not return unless friends pick this as a place they all want to go and we'll return with them but will not be happy about it. Just very disappointing to us and we have heard others say the same thing. You can get a seat fast now but they say the service is not good t all. Even if you get in, which you can now, the service is very slow.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Nancy M

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Who Runs Bel Air Grill???”
Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

Anybody?????? Is there a Owner? I have never seen an opportunity totally mis-managed, from the staff to who even knows what's behind the walls...... Seriously not sure what is going on there, but its not going to be Bel Air Grill for long.

1 Thank Seriously1234
Maryville, Tennessee
“Disappointed”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We were excited to hear that Bel Air Grill was reopening after a long absence - we were disappointed. The food was not all that good, it wasn't even close to the burgers at the original Bel Air on Alcoa Highway.
I will say we had pretty good service and the waitress was friendly - we always like to joke around and let them know we appreciate their service and a s a result are usually rewarded with their attention (side bar - treat your servers like you want to be treated, they aren't your slaves - thank them and appreciate them).
We most likely won't be back due the the food and sadly I doubt the place stays open a year.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank RussHatcher
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Not very good, probably won't last long”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

The service was kind of slow. A lot of the options on the menu, especially hamburgers are overpriced. My sister ordered butterflied chicken and said it was not good. She and my friend also order fries and they were probably the worst fries I have ever tasted. My baked potato was very cold. My fish was not spectacular. Overall, the food was not very good. The restaurant is not very well decorated either...TGI Friday's had a much better atmosphere when it was in the building.

Overall, i wouldn't recommend trying this. A lot of my friends did not enjoy their meals either when they ate here.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank ACee1234
Alpharetta, Georgia
“Ugh?”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

After TGI Fridays closed down, I went here to try it out. I know there used to be one in the area a while back. The menu has few options and none of them are great. So after finally settling for chicken and shrimp with fries, I ordered. The service was okay. Not bad not good. It took longer than I expected to get the food and the place had barely anyone in it. And it is lunch time. When we got our food, the chicken was . . . okay. But not good. It had several chewy bites. The shrimp was okay. But the fries were awful! Even my friends agree. They were like potatoes. They tasted like potato skins (like the appetizers only without the barbeque, bacon, or cheese). They pretty much were just potato skins. Barely any potato on them. They were nasty! And usually none of us complain about fries. Never again am I going back. And to think we tried it after our friend warned us. She had to wait nearly two hours on a day when barely crowded, some open tables, just to get seated. What is wrong with that? Bad service, bad food. Not staying in Maryville for long.

• Visited June 2012