“Fantastic B&B!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Maryville
Chilhowee Mountain Retreat
Ranked #2 of 5 Maryville B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 20, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Jim and Mary's excellent B&B for three nights, and it was amazing! Their attention to detail is just crazy good, and their stories are so great to listen to. We had the very tasty antipasto plate for dinner on our first night (with some mango sorbet to cleanse the palate afterwards), and our room was just perfect -- very comfortable, and the bathroom is a haven (the air-jet tub AND steam shower -- so nice!) And the view was just spectacular. We stayed in the Bear room, and it gave us such a great view of the mountains. The breakfasts...wow, so good. The citrus/rosemary water and the cookies were perfect for that late afternoon snack. Many thanks to Jim and Mary for such a great vacation.

Room Tip: I'm sure all of the rooms are great if Jim and Mary had anything to do with it, but we stayed in...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 10, 2012

My wife and I decided to travel to East Tennessee for our anniversary. Chilhowee Mountain Retreat was in the area and was rated top-tier everywhere we looked. Those ratings were more than justified. Everything there is excellent. From the food to the rooms to the overall atmosphere. You can immediately tell that Jim and Mary consider this a vocation rather than a job. They were helpful and accommodating in every way. The breakfasts were excellent, and the views incredible. Part of the fun of the retreat for me was the drive up the mountain! Jim and Mary have a beautiful home and make you feel welcome from the moment you book your room until well after you leave to go back to "reality". I would not stay anywhere else in this area after staying here.

Room Tip: We opted for the 'Dinner for Two' on the first night, which was an excellent decision. It i...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SLUdog99
Reviewed April 6, 2012

My husband and I spent two nights here just to get away, relax and rejuvenate......and that is exactly what we did. The room was spacious, the view was heavenly and the bathroom was to die for. Mary and Jim make a wonderful breakfast each morning. You won't go away hungry! Sitting on their back porch, taking in the view and reading is just what the doctor ordered. This was one of the best bed and breakfasts that we have stayed at.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Three couples went to Chilhowee Mountain Retreat from March23rd-26th--thanks to our closest friends! It was SPECTACULAR to say the least. My wife and I had the Bear room. I am an early riser. At 6:45a.m. I was awake and watching the sun come up over the cloud covered mountains. WOW!! I woke up my wife so she could see it also. The clouds looked as if a beautiful flowing river were moving down the valley. What a sight. Mary and Jim were the consummate host. Fun to talk to and catered to our needs with the utmost smile. The rooms were to "die"for, the beds were "perfect" In room sauna, jetted tubs with heat and massage--wonderful. Food excellent!
The drive is steep and winding but well worth it! If you are looking for a place to relax--THIS IS IT.

Ben H.

Room Tip: The Bear has, in my view the best view of the Mts. The out cabin has more amenities -coffee pot, re...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank BenjaminH147
Reviewed March 19, 2012

My sister and I were looking for a place to relax for a few days. Chilhowee was ideal. Jim and Mary catered to all of our needs and made us feel right at home. Our room (Bear room) was extremely comfortable and the view was breathtaking -- this is definitely a place I would visit again!

Visitors should know, though, that it is quite a trek up the mountain. So if you arrive late afternoon and don't care to drive a steep and windy road after dark, you should be prepared to stay put. That means eating dinner before you head up the road, bringing some takeout with you, or letting Mary and Jim know ahead of time that you would like them to prepare an antipasto platter. This is a minor inconvenience, though, and adds to the sense that you are escaping for a few days. My sister and I had a wonderful time!

Room Tip: There are three rooms. We only saw one of them, but all the guests seemed very happy with their acco...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank boog2000
Reviewed March 10, 2012

This was our first experience in the Smoky Mountains and with a bed & breakfast. We could not have asked for a better vacation!!! Everything, and I mean everything, was perfect. The hosts, Jim and Mary, the incredible luxury bathroom, the views, the hike Jim recommended, the food, even the robes! This place will put any anxieties you may have about staying in a bed & breakfast at ease. I have a feeling I will have a hard time finding another to compete with them.

Room Tip: One of the rooms is not in the main building, but above the separate garage. Although it had an outd...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 1, 2012

My boyfriend and I just returned home from a 2-night stay at the Chilhowee Mountain Retreat. It was an amazing get-away for us-made special by Jim & Mary, the comfortable room and the beautiful views. One thing we loved was how we felt so warm and invited and at the same time felt that we had our own space, could come and go as we pleased and relax by ourselves. The food was outstanding as well- definitely an amazing spot to stay if you are passing through the area!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rachel L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maryville
Luxbury Inn & Suites
#1 of 10 in Townsend
RT Lodge
RT Lodge
#3 of 5 in Maryville

Been to Chilhowee Mountain Retreat? Share your experiences!