“Becky's bolonga sandwaich” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Aberdeen, North Carolina
“Becky's bolonga sandwaich”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

Yum, Yum, so good. Onion rings, and hamburger and cocnut pie. Good as mom's and will go again when we are that way.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Donie201

Waltham, Massachusetts
“Hidden gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

My sister and I were passing through and had heard about Becky's from a friend. We decided to grab a bite to eat and we not disappointed! The service was great, the place was very clean and welcoming, and Becky herself came out to greet us. If you're ever in the area this is a great place to stop for a quick bite to eat and great company.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“The atmosphere was wonderful and the food was great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

Best burger in town. The restaurant has a mom and pop feel! The service was outstanding and best sweet tea I've ever had! The homemade desserts are a must!

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Kabbott421
“Best hamburger we have ever eaten”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

Quaint little country restaurant with great food. I'm glad we do not live far from it. See you soon Becky!!!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank virgeo95
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Country cooking with southern hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Go here to eat good food without the trappings of atmosphere and a big bill. Friends took us to this place for lunch while we visiting in Townsend, Tennessee. It is only a short drive off 321 but seems as if you are going WAY out into the country. When you pull up you see a little wooden building with minimal parking. When you go in, the grill is visible and seating is open first come first serve. The owner, Becky, and her grown children, operate the restaurant and they are the epitome of friendliness, with a great sense of humor and ease. We felt immediately at home. The menu was very varied, with all sorts of sandwiches, meat and vegetable plates and many homemade desserts. I was trying to watch calories, so I ordered a plain grilled chicken sandwich with pickles lettuce and tomato on whole wheat bread, pepper jack cheese and mayo on the side. What I got was one of the best sandwiches I had ever eaten. I didn't need the mayo. My husband had the fried catfish, which he said was excellent, and he described the pinto beans and fried okra as "good southern cooking." He wished he had saved room for the dessert. They offer unlimited tea, which they bring in pitchers to the table (no alcohol). One of my friends had a BLTs and onion rings, which she raved over. My other friend ordered a hamburger and one of Becky's specialties--fried mac and cheese. It comes in little triangles that one eats like fries, and he raved. The prices can't be beat--My husband and my whole meal was under $18. Warning--they only take checks and cash. And the hours are limited--Wed-Fri 11-7; and Saturday 11-4 (closed on Sundays). I will be back any time I am in Townsend (which is on the way to Cades Cove).

• Visited August 2013