Sweetberries Bed and Breakfast
Luxbury Inn & Suites(Maryville)(Great Value!)
$79
$77
Hotels.com
RT Lodge(Maryville)
$145
Mountain View Motel(Maryville)(Great Value!)
$60
$130
Hilton.com
$103
$85
All reviewssweet berriesbed and breakfastmy wife and ithe dragonat homeevening dessertthere are so manyother guestsstayed longergreat conversationplace to staylook no furtherinn keepersdietary needswonderful breakfastwonderful experiencenational park
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I can honestly say I haven't stayed at many B&Bs before, but was tired of staying in hotels. Upon my arrival I was greeted by Darrell and Louise. They were very welcoming, friendly, and treated you like old family friends. Louise's cooking was delicious, I was stuffed by the end of breakfast, but if my stomach allowed i would have had several more plates of her home cooking. She even packed my left overs to go! My room was clean, bed was comfortable, and bathrooms were relaxing. The common room had a family feel, allowed to me meet other guests. In the common room there were snacks, drinks, games, movies, and was a nice place just to relax. Though it was too cold, at least for me, there was a porch with a bench swing to relax on. Just looking out the glass doors in their kitchen, their views you could see for miles. I almost felt like I was at my own private get-a-way. I had no complaints. It was an amazing stay and I hope I’ll be able to make time soon to visit again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Melissa J
sweetberriesbb, Owner at Sweetberries Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Thank you for your flattering review of Sweet Berries Bed and Breakfast. Louise and I do our best to provide you with a clean, comfortable, and enjoyable stay at our Inn. We hope to see you again when you are in our part of the world. Happy Trails Darrell Johnson

Reviewed December 6, 2012

Sweet berries now holds a special place in my heart. We meet two wonderful people that do a great job at making you feel right at home. We enjoyed our stay so much we stayed 5 nights. The bed was perfect, the breakfast were outstanding and the making of new friends was the best!!! Louise and Darrell are warm, friendly just great people who makes your stay exceed all others.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mckenzie76
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Sweetberries is not in that remote a location, although it seemed that way driving in the dark on one after another unfamiliar and unlit country roads. After a couple of wrong turns (we tried to take a shortcut which didn’t work out) got there around 9 pm. The house sat on a hill on one side of the road and we found our welcoming hosts in the brightly lit dining room. Our room – Treetop - was on the second floor, where Darrell and Louise turned down our bed while we settled in. The room was very cute with a bear theme: bear lamp stand, bear towel rings, bear toilet holder, bear everywhere! Bed was four poster, very high, with step ladders on both sides, and very comfortable. Waiting for us on the dresser were two pieces of delicious homemade cinnamon buns, large enough for an entire meal. There was a common sitting room, with a TV, assortment of board games, drinks and snacks next to our room. The surroundings were very quiet at night, although noise from the common room could carry a long way (there was a note in the room asking guests to keep noises down after 10:30 pm, but preferably the room should only be used for reading only after that time). Thankfully the room was eventually vacated after 11 pm and we had a good night’s sleep, helped by the light blocking curtains. In the morning we looked out onto a peaceful misty scenery with the trees slowly taking shape as the fog dissipated. Breakfast was around the dining table joined by our hosts, who said grace once all the guests – 6 that morning – were seated. Food was delicious and creative, and came in abundant portions – there was no way anyone could finish everything in one sitting so Louise boxed up the fruit salad and gigantic muffins for us (later we had it for lunch on the road – which was perfect). Our only regret was that our visit was too short so there was no time to relax on the porch and enjoy the view - when we left the fog still hadn’t lifted so couldn’t see the mountain range. Definitely will have to plan another trip just to do that!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank paxa
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Sweet berries is just wonderful! Darrel and Louise were so sweet and the room was beautiful! My husband and I stayed here for our wedding night, and we could not have wanted anything more. They turned down the bed for us, had cake waiting for us for a snack, and made us feel so at home.

The house itself is decorated so lovely and warm. I wanted to move in after 10 minutes.

The view of the mountains in the morning is beautiful. It is quiet, calming, and very relaxing.

The breakfast was amazing! So yummy! We had a 3 course breakfast with gourmet food and wonderful conversation to boot. Darrel and Louise are so great!

Definitely recommend to anyone!!

Room Tip: The honeymoon suite was very lovely for couples!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Phil M
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Our trip to the Great Smoky Mountains was made very special because of our 4 night stay at Sweetberries. We have never felt so at home and comfortable at any bed and breakfast. Louise and Darrell are warm, friendly and fun. The rooms were just great with wonderful mattresses, linens, and plenty of towels. This was a beautifully decorated, immaculate home set high upon a hill with spectcular views. Louise is a fantastic cook and clearly puts not only her skills, but a lot of love into every breakfast she served. They could not have been better. Wonderful surprise freshly baked treat every night waiting for us. We were also fortunate that their son, James, dropped by for some more interesting and fun conversation. We travelled for several more days onto Boone and Asheville, but everyday somehow ended up talking about Sweetberries, their terrific breakfasts and Louise and Darrell. Meeting them and staying in their lovely home is what makes travelling so special.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family