“Great hidden gem”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Louisville, tn
“Great hidden gem”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We arrived at Aroma just about 10 min. before closing which is 7:30. Their server was super friendly, took our order and never made us feel rushed. We shared the large Cuban sandwich with black beans and rice and it was a ton of food and was delicious! Lots of meat and great bread topped off with a yummy Cuban soda. Would highly recommend this little spot!

• Visited June 2013

Knoxville, Tennessee
“Excellent Cuban Food in Maryville, TN”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

After having a delicious meal of Cuban food in Key West, FL a few years ago, we were anxious to have dinner here after discovering this restaurant on Tripadvisor. You have to look carefully as you drive down the road, or you will miss it. And it is small inside. But what it is lacking in size, it hugely makes up in flavor and kindness of the folks who work there. My husband had the medium Cuban sandwich with red beans. I had the pork plate with black beans. Both platters were served with a small cup containing traditional Mojo sauce - slightly spicy and flavorful - perfect for dipping the sandwich in or pouring over my pulled pork. We shared bites of each other’s food as well as an order of softly fried plantains. While we were waiting on our food to be prepared, the gentleman who took our order told us about 3 of the featured canned non-alcoholic beverages they offered for sale. He even gave us generous samples. My husband had the "Ironbeer" but be aware it contains neither iron or beer! It was sweet, fruity, and delicious. As we were finishing our meal, we were served complimentary homemade fruit pies filled with guava and cream cheese. Wow! What a generous and delicious meal!

Hours are limited, seating is also limited, come early, be hungry, leave happy!

• Visited June 2013
Maryville, Tennessee
“Something Different”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

My first visit was last week and it was very good. It is small, but that doesn't mean the food isn't great. It was mid afternoon, but there were quite a few people coming and taking out to eat at home.

Visited April 2013
Walland, Tennessee
“Excellent Cuban Sandwich!!!”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Aroma Cafe serves the BEST cuban sandwich anywhere! The meats are actually cooked and not purchased from a deli. Pairing the sandwich with authentic red beans and rice, this is a delightful meal. I usually order the "mini" cuban (don't let the name fool you, it is all I can do to eat it all) and have never been disappointed.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank 2010DJD
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Out of the way, but worth the trip.”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Been driving past the Aroma Cafe for years, and have never tried Cuban food before. So we thought we would give it a try. I went in hoping to try a chicken or turkey dish, but was told there are not currently serving chicken so instead I got the grilled cheese sandwich. What a treat, first the sandwich was big, not expecting that. It also had some ingredients that I have never tried on the grilled cheese before, fried potato crisps, unexpected but wonderful.

I also had the black beans and rice, so good, the best I have ever had. Fried plantains were fantastic along with the guava and cream cheese empanadas. Aroma cafe has quickly become one of my favorite local restaurants.

• Visited February 2013