“Nice little shop”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
Vonore, Tennessee
“Nice little shop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2014

I stopped in and ate alone one day as I had passed by many times and wanted to try it out. I had the 1/2 grilled pimento cheese and a bowl of bisque. I was happy to have the 1/2 sandwich option. There was plenty of filling and the sandwich was quite good with bacon on it. The soup was ok, but not great. My 1/2 sandwich and small bowl of soup with just water was $7 with tax, not unreasonable considering the fresh ingredients.

I was filled and did not have room for any dessert, but I took a peak. I thought the items were attractive but quite expensive. Eg.. starting at $2.50 for a cupcake, 95 cents for a ginger snap cookie, and i think it was $2.50 for one scoop of ice cream. I noticed there were several tables of friends eating together, so I think it's a nice place for lunch with friends.

• Visited August 2014

Knoxville, Tennessee
“WAY overpriced and just average food...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2014

Sweet Celebrations came to my place of work today to sell boxed sandwiches for lunch. I went with the ham on rye and it was a mistake to eat from there! For a small sandwich with a small handfull of potato chips it was over $8.50. The chips were VERY HARD AND BAD and did not taste like anything other than grease! The sandwich was okay, but not worth $8. I DO NOT recommend this location to anyone at this time.

• Visited August 2014
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
“My First Visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

My wife had been to Sweet Celebrations before and enjoyed the food so today while we were looking for a place to have lunch she suggested we go there. I ordered a club sandwich which was served with chips and a pickle slice. I was well pleased with my simple meal. I would recommend Sweet Celebrations for anyone looking for a simple, good meal. I also thought that the sweet tea was very good and I am very picky about my sweet tea. From the sign outside I am sure this used to be a Kay's Ice Cream shop. I did see others having ice cream and they seemed to be enjoying that very much. My wife said she has had deserts there and they are very good.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Gary C
Sevierville, Tennessee
“Husband visits here for goodies”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

My husband fishes on Tellico Lake and passes Sweet celebrations going to and from fishing. He stops and purchases cake and sweets from the shop. The red velvet cake is so moist. The chocolate covered strawberries are very good. I have never had anything that I did not enjoy. I love seeing the old ice cream cone outside the shop. My grandmother lived 3 doors down and my brothers, sister and first cousin used to walk here when it was Kay's ice cream I. The 1960s and 1970s!

1 Thank Nancy H
Tennessee
“Excellent Fresh Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Everything I have had here tastes fresh and homemade. Hot foods are indeed served hot and the cold sandwiches have fresh and crisp ingredients. The kid's grilled cheese is even tasty! Only drawback is it is NOT kid friendly, only one high chair and the other seats are not safe for children.

• Visited May 2014