“Really good quality food with pricey extras”
Review of 1906 Restaurant

1906 Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Turnberry
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We dined here while staying at Turnberry in a dinner inclusive package and the food was excellent as well as the service from the staff. For starters we had Duck Terrine and chicken parfait and both were really nice dishes. The bread rolls brought to the table after being seated were nice and fresh with just enough butter to do the four. Drinks menu on an ipad was a nice touch and lets you look through the menu easily and see what drinks are in the cocktails. For main I had sirloin steak and this was cooked superbly and the garnish was excellent. Really tasty. As my wife put it her pork in parma ham 'did not have a bit of fat and was very tender'. £5 extra to add chips I did not mind, but it was the same for some vegetables, such as carrots, which is extreme. My Caramel apple brulee was excellent and although quite sweet I thoroughly enjoyed it and done my best to finish it. I would also mention the chips were more like mini roast potatoes rather than my usual image of chips. The drinks were really nice, although I prefer to drink my Peroni from the bottle and this was poured into a glass table side. We also ate breakfast in here and that was a great experience with an excellent selection. The buffet has a large choice of cereals, plenty of pasties and shortbread as well as a tasty selection of fresh fruit and other items. Toast was brought to the table early with fresh orange juice offered straight away followed by tea or coffee. Orders for hot food are taken at the table and there are plenty of choices. I simply opted for the cooked breakfast and would give a special mention to the stornoway black pudding. Cooked breakfast was really nice and service throughout was attentive. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Excellent for both breakfast and dinner with wines to match,try to get seated to the windows overlooking the golf courses and sea views.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Beware of being on a DBB basis and then getting hit with charges for daring to want some potatoes and/or veg with your steak or prefer cheese to a sweet dessert. Both of these choices will add 16 quid to the bill!!!!!!

1  Thank Tims_on_Tour
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Service 5 star, Food 5 star, the staff make it a truly memorable experience, very helpful with a personal touch, highly recommended.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

This is a wonderful restaurant in all ways -- expensive but worth it! The eight of us ordered six different food items, from fish to lamb, and all were excellent, as was the wine. The view out over the grounds, the golf course, and on to the sea and Ailsa Crag was beautiful.