Myself and my partner recently decided on a last minute stay on a Sunday night. FOund an excellent B&B rate on the hotels website for a Classic King bedded Room (Resort view - i.e. the driveway at the back of the hotel - not an issue)
The public rooms are very nice and 'old school' in terms of traditional Scottish Country House Hotel - beautiful really and nothing can prepare you for the first sight of the hotel as you drive in - great setting.
The Classic Room was nice enough - if a little tired looking ie scuffs on walls, rickety floorboards (which added to the charm if im being honest) and the bathroom also could have done with a bit of an update. My only beef - is for a resort that is claiming to be 5 star, the corridors were also a little tired and there were numerous Housekeeping trolleys were out on show - at 5pm shouldnt they have disappeared?
However the bed was extremely comfortable and HUGE! lovely!
Only had breakfast in the morning - a huge selection was available and a good full Scottish breakfast was brought to the table (if possible ask for a table by the front windows- beautiful views!) and endless pots of coffee.
The staff couldnt be nicer and were very professional. The lounge bar did have a great pianist playing but when he finished they music selection from the sound system was 'eclectic' to say the least!
Really nice peaceful place to stay - if your a golfer youll love all the memorabilia on the walls and the wonderful setting. Just in need of some sprucing up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled within an 800 acre estate with views overlooking the rugged Ayrshire coastline, Trump Turnberry Resort is an enchanting destination. Trump Turnberry is the world's original golf resort with over a century of hospitality and tradition. It is scene of some of the most memorable moments in Open history, the championship Ailsa course is a legend in the game. Complimented by The Turnberry Performance Academy, an outstanding teaching facility offering a holistic approach to the game of golf; Trump Turnberry Resort is one of the most magnificent destinations for golf breaks in Scotland. With a range of outstanding accommodation, championship golf, a relaxing ESPA spa, six restaurants & bars and thrilling outdoor pursuits at Turnberry Adventures, Trump Turnberry Resort boasts a myriad of activities for travelers, golfers and families. The resort enjoys a spectacular coastal setting with breathtaking views of the Isle of Arran, Ailsa Craig and the Irish Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Trump Turnberry, A Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turnberry, a Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland Hotel Turnberry
- Turnberry Westin
- Trump Turnberry, A Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland