We have stayed at Turnberry every year for the last 5 years and were looking forward to our stay this year in the newly re-furbished hotel. I booked the rooms in March thinking all the rooms would be re-furbished and was not told that I was booking rooms that hadn't been. On arrival we find that we are in old rooms and on being shown to them find that we have 2 twins and not the twin & King we requested. After about an hour we were given the requested rooms. Most bizarely though on coming back to our room on the second day we found that our King bed had been turned into 2 twins. The Housekeeping service was atrocious - only once in 4 days were we left a bottle of water. The hospitality tray consisted of 2 tea bags 4 packets of coffe some sugar and no milk, and it wasn't replenished unless asked. The carpets were threadbare and never hoovered.The electrical sockets took round pinned plugs (shows the age). The internet connection didn't work - we had to take our laptop to the main building and then pay for Wi-Fi.
The main areas have been well done in the re-furbishment and are in keeping with the tradition of the hotel. Only 42 bedrooms have been refurbished and they have air-con and superb bathrooms - make sure you get one of these.
The golf course is outstanding and always our favourite - we played The Ailsa 3 weeks after The Open and the rough was quite challenging.
The staff are very helpful and really make you feel welcome.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled within an 800 acre estate with views overlooking the rugged Ayrshire coastline, Trump Turnberry Resort is an enchanting destination. Trump Turnberry is the world's original golf resort with over a century of hospitality and tradition. It is scene of some of the most memorable moments in Open history, the championship Ailsa course is a legend in the game. Complimented by The Turnberry Performance Academy, an outstanding teaching facility offering a holistic approach to the game of golf; Trump Turnberry Resort is one of the most magnificent destinations for golf breaks in Scotland. With a range of outstanding accommodation, championship golf, a relaxing ESPA spa, six restaurants & bars and thrilling outdoor pursuits at Turnberry Adventures, Trump Turnberry Resort boasts a myriad of activities for travelers, golfers and families. The resort enjoys a spectacular coastal setting with breathtaking views of the Isle of Arran, Ailsa Craig and the Irish Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Trump Turnberry, A Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turnberry, a Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland Hotel Turnberry
- Turnberry Westin
- Trump Turnberry, A Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland