Trump Turnberry, A Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Turnberry
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I stayed with 3 friends for a couple of days golf. I have stayed a couple of times before and while it's a tough call I think it's the best of the 5 star golf hotels in Scotland. The views from the hotel and the course are second to none (ok so old course hotel is fairly good spot as well). The staff provide a great Scottish welcome and can't do enough for you but all done in a quiet non-intrusive way. The feel of the hotel is relaxed luxury and the rooms are very comfortable. The main dinning room with views of the Alisa course is superb for both an evening meal and breakfast. There is a good range of the finest Scottish produce which is superbly cooked (although price of the steak Rossini was a bit steep for a smallish portion).

If your on a golf trip then Alisa is a must as it's is a great truly championship quality course with probably the best sea views available anywhere. I would also really recommend a trip up to Prestwick to play at the birthplace of the The Open Golf Championship for a truly memorable experience.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Scotadvisor
Gemma S, On behalf of the Management Team at Trump Turnberry, A Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and observations following your most recent visit to Turnberry. I am delighted to hear that you had a most enjoyable stay amongst us and I am also honored to see that you rate the resort so highly. We are truly blessed to be situated in such a beautiful location and I am sure you will agree that with many other Open Courses in the vicinity, the resort is the perfect place to escape to for a truly exceptional golfing holiday. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the resort in the future.

There are newer reviews for Trump Turnberry, A Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Arrived at the spa reception for the summer serenity package, which included back, shoulder and neck massage and then a facial and head massage. The staff were very welcoming and proffessional. We really enjoyed the spa package and could use the pool, with its spectacular views. As well as the jacuzzi and steam room throughout the day. We then had Afternoon tea (Which was very enjoyable), served in the main building over looking the golf links and the local coastal area. All in all it was a very relaxing treat and made our anniversary celebration very special and memorable for us.

Room Tip: Did'nt stay over night.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing Turnberry as the destination to celebrate your Wedding Anniversary. I am delighted to hear that you both had a most enjoyable and relaxing day in our spa and that the service was to the same high standards for which we are renowned. The breathtaking views really do make the resort unique; I am sure you enjoyed them whilst indulging on afternoon tea. We hope to welcome you and your husband back to the resort in the future.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

I recently stayed for tow nights with friends on a golfing break. There is no doubt that the Ailsa golf course and the golf facilities are first class. The course was in terrific condition and we were so lucky to play 36 holes on a day when the weather was warm, sunny with no breeze. There was no better place to be and the staff were so helpful and friendly. Our starter went out of his way to make us feel welcome and gave us a great send off for the golfing challenge.

I can recommend going into the golf clubhouse for breakfast and having the porridge. It was real Scottish fare, stuck to your ribs and definitely gave plenty of energy for the morning 18 holes.

The story in the hotel was more mixed. We ate both nights in the Ailsa bar where I can recommend the trying the flights - they are a Scottish equivalent of tapas - especially the fish and chips which were great and for a five star hotel they offer really good value.

The Duel in The Sun bar was a let down. The general appearance was very tired and the staff were had definitely developed a highly tuned skill in ignoring people who didn't look as I'd they were going to give a large tip. Despite being at the bar for over five minutes I was ignored by the two bar staff who served three other people who cam to the bar after me and there were only 20 people in the bar. In the end an American seated at the bar had to ask the staff to serve me - I was totally unimpressed. Even after that they were very tardy in serving us and in the end we gave up and went to bed.

That apart it was a good experience and the beds were so comfortable it gave a really restful night's sleep.

Enjoy the golf but prepared to do an impressin of the invisible man if you aren't judged bybthebstaff t be worth courting for a tip.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to share your most recent visit to Turnberry. I am delighted to hear that you had an exceptional golfing experience and hope that you will take away memories of your round on the legendary Ailsa Course which you can treasure for a lifetime. I am sorry however to hear of the service you endured in the Duel In The Sun bar; please accept our apologies for any upset or inconvenience caused. I assure you that this is not the high standard of service we are so used to delivering and so I will personally follow up with the relevant department manager to ensure that this situation does not reoccur in the future. I hope that your experience on this occasion would not deter you from returning in the future as it would be my pleasure to ensure that your next stay is memorable for all the right reasons. Thank you once again for bringing this to my attention- it is greatly appreciated.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I loved every minute of my stay at Turnberry. Excellent staff, excellent location, excellent food, and incredible golf. Please be sure to stay here. The staff goes out of their way to make it a great experience--at every turn. The facility and views are second to none anywhere in the world. It is one of the most magnificent settings you will ever encounter.

Room Tip: Stay in the main building--not the golf villas at the foot of the hill.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Gemma S, On behalf of the Management Team at Trump Turnberry, A Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent Turnberry experience. We are truly blessed to be located in one of the most breathtaking settings on the west coast of Scotland which is renowned of course for the iconic Turnberry Lighthouse. I am delighted to hear that the indigenous Scottish service you received helped make your stay even more memorable. We hope to welcome you back to the resort in the future where further adventures await you.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

From the moment we checked in every member of staff we dealt with was top class. The facilities are top rate as you would expect but because we were there for a special occasion it was just superb that the staff did their upmost to ensure we had a trully wonderful experience. We stayed in the Price Suite which was delightful having magnificent views and every amenity you could wish for. Sitting in the tub looking out over it all was just bliss! Thank you to everyone.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view. You won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind comments following your recent visit to Turnberry. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay in the price suite and took the time to indulge in a relaxing bath while admiring the breathtaking views over the Irish Sea and the legendary golf courses. Our four unique suites really are the jewel in the crown of the accommodation on offer here at Turnberry, and really do feel like a home from home which I am sure you will agree makes it harder to leave! I will pass on your thanks to our teams and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Golf purists all agree. Turnberry Golf Club is on every walking golfer's bucket list. But what about Turnberry Resort? The answer is a resounding yes.

First, the pros: Glamourous greetings, wonderful common area (write a book there...you will be inspired), 2 categories of wifi (free for regular users and reasonable rates for high bandwidth connections), amazing beds & modern beddings, luxurious soaps, shampoos, classic design that can please even the modernist, and decent coffee and premium teas. Great choices of restaurants inside the resort that include relaxed sports bar and formal dining. The resort is literally across the street from the golf club. However, if you want to chip and putt, look no further than below the deck. The resort has a pool with a spectacular view. There is a spa and gym facilities. Free shuttle to the golf course.

The cons (if I look very hard): It is an older and historical resort so don't expect perfect tiling next to the bathtub. If you can, ask for a room on the seaside.

All in all, it is a quiet resort perfect for golfers, business and solo travelers, and quiet friends.

Room Tip: Room #2 is a little close to the entrance but surprisingly, it remains quiet and private.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Gemma S, On behalf of the Management Team at Trump Turnberry, A Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and observations following your most recent visit to Turnberry- your feedback is greatly appreciated. I am delighted to see that your visit to the hotel exceeded your expectations on all accounts. I am sure you will agree that although we do offer world renowned golf experiences; a stay at Turnberry can be equally enjoyable for non-golfers. We hope that you will return to the resort in the future, where a warm indigenous welcome awaits you.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Lovely hotel!! Quiet, relaxing, and so beautiful. The staff were so professional and wonderful. They anticipated our every move. The spa was delightful. The exercise room was wonderful,clean and had all machines that I wanted to use. The pool was absolutely wonderful. The view was gorgeous. I had Summer Serenity treatment and it was excellent. My husband played golf and is already planning on when we are coming back.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing Turnberry as your destination and for taking the time to share your recent experience. I am delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay amongst us, making full use of the facilities whilst receiving the best of indigenous Scottish hospitality. If you are looking for a winter break then we do have packages including golf and spa credit at a wonderful price which can be booked by calling our resort sales team on 01655 333991. We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort in the near future where further memorable experiences await you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Turnberry
Glenapp Castle
#1 of 5 in Girvan
Savoy Park Hotel
Savoy Park Hotel
#1 of 17 in Ayr

Been to Trump Turnberry, A Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland? Share your experiences!