Trump Turnberry, A Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Turnberry
Los Angeles, California
“Stunning”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Out of the way, but still just down the road from The Crossraguel Abbey which is a must.

My husband I spent two nights there during our honeymoon. Or room was readied with Hendricks gin and tonic as well as some traditional Scottish sweets with a congratulatory note.

Turn down service is always a nice addition and not often done so we enjoyed that. We golfed, we ate (4 or 5 restaurants at the hotel that all offer a wide away of choices) and drank like royalty.

Room Tip: We had a corner room that had an amazing stand alone bath tub that was lovely for soaking.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Gemma S, On behalf of the Management Team at Trump Turnberry, A Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and observations following your most recent visit. Congratulations once more on your recent marriage- we are delighted that you chose Turnberry as your honeymoon destination and it is our pleasure to hear that you had a most enjoyable stay amongst us. We hope that you have fond memories of your time with us that can be treasured in years to come and that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (378)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed August 18, 2013

A must visit for avid golfers. Hotel is amazing, great food and extremely warm staff. The golf course at Turnberry is a lot more scenic than St Andrews with no tourist gawking. Food was amazing with a clear pride in quality and detail, sourcing locally available fresh produce.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Gemma S, On behalf of the Management Team at Trump Turnberry, A Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for choosing Turnberry as your destination. I am sure you will agree that our location is a haven on the Ayrshire Coast where one can escape for a relaxing break, enjoy golfing on one of the most iconic open courses and indulge in the epicurean experiences on offer. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future and thank you for taking the time to share your comments.
Ayr, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 15, 2013

My daughter & I have just returned home after a brilliant morning/afternoon at Turnberry. I contacted the hotel on Tuesday to book the three for two outdoor adventures. I dealt with the resort sales coordinator Calum Dewar who was extremely helpful and sorted all the details out for me. An e-mail was sent to me yesterday detailing the times and prices of our activities and where to register. We arrived this morning and registered at the Gatehouse with a gentleman called Martin. My daughter & I did Clay Pigeon shooting, Archery and Rifles. Martin explained in detail all the equipment before we used it. Everything was in excellent working order. We started our day at 11am and finished at 2pm then headed into the hotel for afternoon tea. The service was excellent and the afternoon tea for amazing. If you are looking for a day with a difference or an idea for a birthday this is it. Prices start at £35 for the adventures and £26 for afternoon tea.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback following your recent visit to Turnberry Adventures. It is a pleasure to hear that your experience from the booking process until departure was a memorable one. After launching Turnberry Adventures recently, it truly is great to hear such kind comments. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the resort in the future.
Brighton & Hove
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

I was lucky enough to be invited to play in the srixon/Cleveland pro am where we all stayed at the hotel, and played 3 rounds of golf.
I had a room over the spa, room 318. It was spacious and had everything you could need, including a lovely view over the golf courses to the sea.
Check in was smooth, and the staff on the concierge desk were fantastic all week.
Breakfast was lovely. Great buffet including anything you could want, and then the opportunity to order something cooked. I tried the eggs benedict (my favourite breakfast) and it was superb, I also tried the turnberry grill cooked breakfast which was beautifully cooked.
We ate in the sports bar on first evening, I had a lamb burger which was great.
The next 2 nights because we were a group of 100 we had a hot buffet in the turnberry room. Wow. To cook food so well for so many people is no mean feat. Well done.
The food, the service, the ambience were all fantastic. I couldn't fault it....except the drinks prices. I know it's 5 star, and I don't mind paying for it, but I thought it was slightly over the top. £12 for a smallish glass of Malbec, nice as it was, was 3 pr 4 pounds over the odds in my opinion....having said that it didn't stop me having a second glass....or a third!
The golf experience is brilliant. Both courses are great, but the ailsa is something special....walking in the footsteps of legends. My a partner was injured on the day we played it, and I was lucky enough to play with one of the greenkeepers, martin. What a top man...and a good player!
I will definitely return. Nothing was too much trouble.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Gemma S, On behalf of the Management Team at Trump Turnberry, A Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for your feedback following your most recent visit to Turnberry. After a few days of indulging in exceptional food prepared using local, seasonal produce; and enjoying the golf experiences on offer, it is a pleasure to hear that you had a most enjoyable stay with us as part of the Cleveland Srixon event. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future, and hope that next time your partner is able to join you out on the iconic Ailsa Course- however I am sure Martin will be more than happy to step in if the need arises! Thank you once again for your feedback.
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

I spent a couple of nights in the hotel the experience was ok but that was all
I found the hotel staff very attentive and have no real complaints but the service in the clubhouse was poor and as its part of the resort it dragged my scores down

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback following your most recent visit to Turnberry. I am disappointed to see that on this occasion we did not exceed your expectations due to the service you received in the club house. Please accept my most sincere apologies and be assured that I will personally follow up with the relevant department manager. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Turnberry in the future as it would be our pleasure to provide you with a stay which is memorable for all the right reasons, with the same high levels of service for which we are renowned. Thank you once again for your comments- they are greatly appreciated.
Hampton, Virginia
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This place is out of this world...BEAUTIFUL. We came here primarily to play golf at the legendary turnberry course...we had no idea we would also be treated to such a luxurious stay. From the minute you drive up to the amazing views of the sea and golf course...we walked in to the most pleasant greeting by the hotel mgr and concierge...gave us tea and cookies w/ warm smiles. We were upgraded to a suite (SPG Gold) and wow the room was a treat. LOVED the bathroom...and the bedroom was well decorated. Not the biggest suite..but defintiely well appointed. We had a welcome treat from the staff, i'm not sure what the reason was...but it was such a nice touch.
We had dinner in the main restaurant..and OMG the views were out of this world as you have panoramic windows covering the majority of the restaurant.
We also had breakfast there as well..which was a great buffet.
The golf was uhhhmazing...one we will never forget...we played the Ailsa course and one of the other courses.
The staff (from the bellhop to concierge) really made this stay perfection. I experienced some bad allergies while out there (pollen)...not only did they provide me suggestions for what to buy (since I wasn't familiar with UK products) every time they saw me...they would ask how I was doing.
We usually do not go back to the same places we vacay...but we might have to make an exception to this one...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Gemma S, On behalf of the Management Team at Trump Turnberry, A Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful feedback following your recent visit to Turnberry; we are delighted to hear that you had an exceptional stay which exceeded your expectations. Playing in the footsteps of golfing icons on the legendary Ailsa course really is an unforgettable experience. It is also a pleasure to hear that our ambassadors made you feel at home amongst us. We hope that Turnberry will be your exception to the rule, meaning that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future. Thank you once again for your comments- they are greatly appreciated.
Cape Coral
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Don't miss the opportunity to stay here. The sunsets, food, service and golf come together to give you the old world fairy tale experience. Charming, comfortable, clean and breathtaking. Even if you are not a golfer this is a wonderful "Occasion " destination.

Room Tip: We had a room overlooking the sea and golf course and could see the nightly bagpiper parade back and...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Gemma S, On behalf of the Management Team at Trump Turnberry, A Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for your feedback following your most recent visit to Turnberry. It is a pleasure to hear that you had a most enjoyable stay amongst us; Turnberry is an enchanting destination which coupled with the indigenous hospitality, makes for an unforgettable experience. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Turnberry
Glenapp Castle
#1 of 5 in Girvan
Savoy Park Hotel
Savoy Park Hotel
#1 of 17 in Ayr

Been to Trump Turnberry, A Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland? Share your experiences!