I spend one week with my family not at the Turnberry Resort but in one of the lodges which can also be rented on the hotels web page. We inhabited the lodge "Prestwick" which was very spacious, the interior decoration was chosen with accuracy and was fitting nicely with the overall location of the white buildings which besides could bear a new coat of paint. The lodge consist of two bedrooms, two bath rooms and a very capacious living room within a kitchen is settled. As a nice gesture noodles, rice, sugar and some cookies were already given. Sadly there was a lack of milk and condiment which made cooking really hard for the first day. Nevertheless there is a supermarket only 10 miles away.
The view from the lodge is spectacular. From the bedroom two golf courses (Ailsa and Kentaya) can be seen with its beautiful club house.
The only inconvenience was that we did not know where to our the produced tresh. In the broshure it said that tresh bins were given on the areal. Sadly we couldn't finde them. The concierge at the hotel told us to put the tresh outside the lodge. It was told that someone would pick it up. Sadly after three days the tresh was still at its place.
Another problem occurred with the wifi which is free but which does not provide the user with 518 kb as described. The highest possible speed I reached were 70 kb. But there were package offers which provided the user with 2 mb. Sadly the wifi only supports 3 devices. New devices can only be added after 24 hours when the wifi resets itself.
Back to the positive experiences at Turnberry. As a lodge inhabitant it is possible to breakfast at the Turnberry resort. The breakfast was phenomenal. A huge variety was given. The products offered where really fresh. Sadly fresh porridge could not be appointed. Only porridge cooked with water was given. But that did not harm the overall great experience. I highly recommend for everyone who hasn't tried or is a huge fan of haggis to trie it there.
Also tea times are available at Turnberry resort. The assortment of the tea time was great. But the explanation of the variety of teas could have been better.
Dining can take place at the sports bar, in the dining room or at the bar. The bar is a great place for everyone who likes to eat small potions for really fair prices. A good attribute is that portions in small and large are given.
Dining at the restaurant was a great experience. There is not a huge price range of product offered. The highlight by far is the at the table cooked meat but there is a great variety of products also for vegetarians.
Turnberry is a dream for golfers. There are three great courses (Ailsa, Kentaya and Arran). I highly recommend booking the family package which includes one training lesson, one time playing the Kentaya and playing the Arran as often as wanted. Sadly the family package was not really common for the guys in the pro shop but no unconvince happed throughout this. The pro shop offers a great variety of clothes especially for men.
We really enjoyed our stay at Turnberry and are looking forward coming back next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled within an 800 acre estate with views overlooking the rugged Ayrshire coastline, Trump Turnberry Resort is an enchanting destination. Trump Turnberry is the world's original golf resort with over a century of hospitality and tradition. It is scene of some of the most memorable moments in Open history, the championship Ailsa course is a legend in the game. Complimented by The Turnberry Performance Academy, an outstanding teaching facility offering a holistic approach to the game of golf; Trump Turnberry Resort is one of the most magnificent destinations for golf breaks in Scotland. With a range of outstanding accommodation, championship golf, a relaxing ESPA spa, six restaurants & bars and thrilling outdoor pursuits at Turnberry Adventures, Trump Turnberry Resort boasts a myriad of activities for travelers, golfers and families. The resort enjoys a spectacular coastal setting with breathtaking views of the Isle of Arran, Ailsa Craig and the Irish Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Trump Turnberry, A Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turnberry, a Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland Hotel Turnberry
- Turnberry Westin
- Trump Turnberry, A Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland