“Wheelchair user info”

Trump Turnberry, A Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Turnberry
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Stayed in disabled room 7, very spacious and enormous bathroom/wetroom, bed very high so you will need a riser on your wheelchair to easily transfer. Pricey at the bar, ensure you take your own bottle for the room.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Gemma S, On behalf of the Management Team at Trump Turnberry, A Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Many Thanks for taking the time to share your comments and observations following your most recent visit to Turnberry. As I am sure you will agree, all of our accessible rooms are spacious and have all of the facilities one would expect to have a comfortable stay. We hope you had a memorable visit and that you will return to the resort next time you are in the area.

There are newer reviews for Trump Turnberry, A Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland

Reviewed April 4, 2013

I booked an overnight spa package for our anniversary. We arrived around mid-morning and check-in was quick and effortless. We then took a light lunch looking out over the Ailsa course with the lighthouse in the background.
After lunch we had our spa treatment which was excellent leaving us relaxed for our evening dinner. The food was very well presented, excellently cooked and went down a treat along with the wine.
Our room had been refurbished, was very well appointed with a view over the course and the decor was nice as was the bathroom.
All-in-all an excellent and very well priced spa break.....recommended.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing Turnberry as your destination and Congratulations on your recent anniversary! We are delighted to hear that you had a most enjoyable stay amongst us and that the service you experience during your visit was to the high standard which Turnberry is renowned for. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you and your husband back to the resort again in the near future.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Stayed here for an over-night in a deluxe sea view room in March 2013.

Was given this as a gift along with dinner, bed and breakfast, however, I would be reluctant to pay the price of £510 for one over-night if paying myself but it is luxurious.

We arrived early afternoon and checked in. Very hospitable welcome from the moment you arrive. Our room was gorgeous and very spacious with gorgeous views. We spend a couple of hours early evening having cocktails in the bar. The bar man was making me cocktails which I asked for rather than the ones on the menu which were great!

We didn't make dinner, however, we had room service and the food brought to us was plentiful and delicious. Breakfast the next day was pretty much the same. Huge choice of cereals and the usual items as well as a cooked breakfast. Only thing I didn't like was the scrambled egg - pretty tasteless. Everything else was perfect - as well as the service which was fab!

In summary, it's a great resort but in the middle of nowhere. The service was great, however, pretty much everything was expensive which I would rather spend my money in a hotel just as nice, if not nicer, at a fraction of the cost.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Gemma S, On behalf of the Managament Team at Trump Turnberry, A Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Thank you for sharing your recent Turnberry experience. We are delighted to hear that from check-in to check-out you had a most enjoyable stay amongst us! As I am sure you can appreciate, Turnberry is in a quiet, unique location on the Ayrshire coast meaning that it is a haven for those looking for a weekend escape. It is a pleasure to hear the service you received was to the high standard which we are so used to delivering and we hope that you will return to Turnberry again in the future as it would be our pleasure to welcome you back.

Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

I was not sure what to expect apart from greatness but it even exceeded that.

From arrival to departure nothing was to much trouble and the ambiance of the surroundings was relaxed and very welcoming.We were in room 138 there was no view.The carpet had some stains and there was mildew on the ceiling on the shower roof.The bed was fantastic and I had one of the best sleeps Ive had in an age.We used the leisure facilities which were great apart from the two females at reception on the Saturday afternoon in the spa area, felt we were more of a burden and everything was a real chore for them.This certainely was no reflection on any of the other team members which excelled in service throughout the resort, in which I really need to commend Jim Berry who was Outstanding!.

We had the In Dining experience the food was good but was very disappointed with the fried rice.Overall the food was very good.We had great fun playing pitch and put on the Sunday after what I can only say the best breakfast Ive ever had.The service, selection and qualty was truly Unique and Exceptional!.

I am a photographer and this is an area of outstanding beauty and stunning sunsets and really recommend viewing from the front or in the leisure area within the hotel.I just love the Beach and the Lighthouse.The hotel has given me even more reason to return.In fact I booked Sunday Brunch for later in the month.If you ever stay anywhere that will leave incredable memories this is the place to stay a must on anyones bucket list!

• Stayed: March 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to provide feedback following your most recent visit to Turnberry. We are delighted that you had an exceptional visit amongst us. I am sure you will agree that we have some of the most breathtaking and captivating scenery on the west coast; the perfect place to take some beautiful photographs! I have passed all of your comments on to the relevant teams and I am sure that Jim Berry will be delighted with your compliments. I would also like to apologise for the issues you experienced during your stay and ask you to be assured that I have personally followed up with the relevant department managers to ensure similar situations do not reoccur. We look forward to welcoming you back for brunch and hope that you will continue to visit Turnberry long into the future.

Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Absolute privilege to play at Turnberry but the hotel is a mixed bag ranging from lovely welcoming staff, beautiful, calming views, beautiful interiors in the main building, comfortable beds and an excellent breakfast to average staff and average yet-to-be-modernised rooms with tepid showers which from other reviews, the hotel doesn't appear to want to accept. The dial which looked like it was 20 years old when set from 1-7 was cold and when placed at its extreme, the water, was at best, tepid. Not acceptable after 4 hours walking on the golf course in freezing temperatures. Reported this to reception to be given the same excuse as elsewhere on tripadvisor- "health and safety". Mmmmm...funny, because the temp of the bath and the bath shower-head was perfectly fine as was the spa shower that we were forced to use for the remainder of our stay. Not ok Turnberry. Sort this out.
Food at 1906 was variable - I enjoyed my meal, my companion was indifferent to his and the wine is very expensive. Aside from the room and a few issues here and there it was a fantastic break and we would definitely return although we would book a room in the main hotel. My guess is most of the negative reviews will be from those of us staying in the spa where the rooms are not compatible with a 5 star hotel. A tip. We ate twice at the Wildings, a seafood restaurant a few mins drive away which offers excellent food and wine at affordable prices including excellent meat options. Turnberry is a must for any golf lover.

• Stayed: March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and observations following your most recent visit to Turnberry. All feedback is greatly appreciated and it is wonderful to hear that you had a most enjoyable stay amongst us however I was sorry to see that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations due to the shower temperature in your room and also due to your dining experience in the 1906 restaurant. Please accept my most sincere apologies for any upset or inconvenience caused; I ask that you are assured that I have personally followed up with both our food and beverage manager and our technical service manager to address the issues which you have highlighted. We hope to welcome you back to Turnberry in the future, providing you with a stay which is memorable for all the right reasons.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Stayed here on Easter Sunday this is my 7th time here.This time I got a room with a sea view well worth the extra money,views over the firth of Clyde watching the sunset over Ailsa Craig and Arran with a bottle of red wine at £30 are breath taking.The rooms are immaculate and the bathroom was even better with a big bath in the middle of the floor,it really has been getting better over the last two or three years and the management are doing a wonderful job. We had breakfast in bed and you could really get anything you wanted,my wife filled out the sheets wrong and only ordered one breakfast so we phoned down reception and there was another delivered in five minutes.You will struggle to find better staff any where in the world so keep up the good work and I will be back next year.,

Room Tip: A sea view room is a must
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Many thanks for taking the time to share your comments following your most recent visit. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your on-going loyalty to Turnberry. Your compliments with regards to our management team are greatly appreciated and we are glad to hear that you can see the recent improvements. Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back next year.

Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

What an amazing hotel with fantastic staff! Our room was absolutely beautiful with solid and tasteful facilities, I enjoyed that I had the choice of a bath and a shower in my room. The spa is lovely with the choice of spending some time in a sex-only relaxation room and a wide range of magazines to enjoy. Breakfast was delicious, the food arrived promptly and the staff were helpful, friendly and professional. Hats off to David Elliott, the concierge. He really made our stay with such a friendly welcome and David made sure we made the most of our stay by helping us organise activities and providing information on local attractions, nothing was too much for him! We will definitely be back, beautiful hotel and a lovely, memorable experience.

• Stayed: March 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Turnberry
Malin Court Hotel
#1 of 5 in Girvan
Auchrannie Resort
Auchrannie Resort
#2 of 4 in Brodick

Been to Trump Turnberry, A Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland? Share your experiences!