Having booked a stay at Turnberry Hotel through a booking company previously, unfortunately our experience was not what we had expected and did not stay. Sadly the company in question would not resolve our problem but Mr Tarrida, General Manager at Turnberry rectified the problem so that we could return this month.
We are so glad we went back to Turnberry as it was for a special occasion and this visit was really memorable.
We arrived on a wet and miserable day, with one of the staff immediately offering to park our car and take our luggage to save us getting wet.
Check in was completed quickly and professionally by a very pleasant young man and we were then shown to our room on the first floor. Our room was a deluxe ocean view room, what a fantastic view, right out to sea and across the golf course. Even though the weather was awful it was lovely to just look out at this view.
The rooms are a good size with a lovely bathroom. Good sized television and full tea/coffee making facilities.
We visited the lounge in the afternoon and again the staff were pleasant and it was relaxing to sit there.
We did not use the leisure facilities but went to see them, they certainly looked very nice and if we had had more time we would definitely have made use of them.
We dined in the 1906 restaurant, I have to say having eaten in many restaurants, this was one of the nicest meals I have had in a hotel. Our table was at the window which was nice, although it was getting dark but if you are going later in the year it would be lovely to sit there with such a fantastic view.
The staff were all very helpful and as said the food was delicious. The evening we stayed we had chateaubriand, which was cooked to perfection. Starters and deserts were also delicious.
The use of the iPad to order your wine is something different from the usual wine list.
Breakfast was of the same standard, plenty of choice, both hot and cold.
I would certainly recommend the hotel to anyone and would certainly return in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled within an 800 acre estate with views overlooking the rugged Ayrshire coastline, Trump Turnberry Resort is an enchanting destination. Trump Turnberry is the world's original golf resort with over a century of hospitality and tradition. It is scene of some of the most memorable moments in Open history, the championship Ailsa course is a legend in the game. Complimented by The Turnberry Performance Academy, an outstanding teaching facility offering a holistic approach to the game of golf; Trump Turnberry Resort is one of the most magnificent destinations for golf breaks in Scotland. With a range of outstanding accommodation, championship golf, a relaxing ESPA spa, six restaurants & bars and thrilling outdoor pursuits at Turnberry Adventures, Trump Turnberry Resort boasts a myriad of activities for travelers, golfers and families. The resort enjoys a spectacular coastal setting with breathtaking views of the Isle of Arran, Ailsa Craig and the Irish Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Trump Turnberry, A Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turnberry, a Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland Hotel Turnberry
- Turnberry Westin
- Trump Turnberry, A Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland