Enjoyed overnight stay here, was expecting more of rooms in terms of furnishings to be honest but they were very comfortable beds and lovely crisp sheets.
Afternoon tea was delightful but we did have our tea for a considerable amount of time before any sandwiches etc appeared. They did replenish the tea but service wasn't as good as usual.
We had dinner in the 1906 restaurant and the restaurant was full. We sat at 830 but didn't get dessert until 1125. Exceptionally long between courses. Standard of food was good however.
Breakfast was lovely with good choice of cooked breakfast. We were at a table of 8 but only 1 small round of toast arrived and we had to ask for more. Same applies for tea and coffee only one of each arrived and it took around 30 mins for more coffee to come and no pot of second tea arrived. Toast again took 20 mins to come. Very slow service.
No staff to meet us with cases on arrival unfortunately and several items added to bill which we didn't have.
Overall a nice stay which could have been improved with some more attention to detail although all staff were very friendly and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled within an 800 acre estate with views overlooking the rugged Ayrshire coastline, Trump Turnberry Resort is an enchanting destination. Trump Turnberry is the world's original golf resort with over a century of hospitality and tradition. It is scene of some of the most memorable moments in Open history, the championship Ailsa course is a legend in the game. Complimented by The Turnberry Performance Academy, an outstanding teaching facility offering a holistic approach to the game of golf; Trump Turnberry Resort is one of the most magnificent destinations for golf breaks in Scotland. With a range of outstanding accommodation, championship golf, a relaxing ESPA spa, six restaurants & bars and thrilling outdoor pursuits at Turnberry Adventures, Trump Turnberry Resort boasts a myriad of activities for travelers, golfers and families. The resort enjoys a spectacular coastal setting with breathtaking views of the Isle of Arran, Ailsa Craig and the Irish Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Trump Turnberry, A Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turnberry, a Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland Hotel Turnberry
- Turnberry Westin
- Trump Turnberry, A Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland