This is the 3rd time in as many years that I have visited this property and I offer just a few tips. Everyone in Scotland seems to dine out on Saturday night - so if you want a child free zone in the pool, try 6pm on Saturday night. The food at Turnberry is excellent but pricey. A very reasonably priced alternative is Wildiings Restaurant in Maidens - just down the road, or the newly opened Souter Johnnies Pub at Kirkoswald. More than half the diners in Wildings were recognizably Turnberry guests. The Ailsa course is being slightly altered in advance of the 2009 open - some holes being lengthened and more than 30+ new bunkers added. The use of mats is obligatory on Monday to Fridays. They have introduced a breakfast surcharge - a deplorable habit for a 5* hotel - but kippers and haddock are exempt. They've also done away with the free shortbread biscuits in your room. An element of tightness has crept in but the front line staff are still charming.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled within an 800 acre estate with views overlooking the rugged Ayrshire coastline, Trump Turnberry Resort is an enchanting destination. Trump Turnberry is the world's original golf resort with over a century of hospitality and tradition. It is scene of some of the most memorable moments in Open history, the championship Ailsa course is a legend in the game. Complimented by The Turnberry Performance Academy, an outstanding teaching facility offering a holistic approach to the game of golf; Trump Turnberry Resort is one of the most magnificent destinations for golf breaks in Scotland. With a range of outstanding accommodation, championship golf, a relaxing ESPA spa, six restaurants & bars and thrilling outdoor pursuits at Turnberry Adventures, Trump Turnberry Resort boasts a myriad of activities for travelers, golfers and families. The resort enjoys a spectacular coastal setting with breathtaking views of the Isle of Arran, Ailsa Craig and the Irish Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Trump Turnberry, A Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turnberry, a Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland Hotel Turnberry
- Turnberry Westin
- Trump Turnberry, A Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland