Many reviewers note this property as a five-star resort, but I would tend to disagree with this rating, as there were quite a few small things that from my perspective would take away from the 5-stars.
The hotel is beautiful, it's old, historic, and really lovely.
Views of the sea, golf courses, and surrounding areas are also really pretty.
Staff is terrific, seemed helpful at all times.
Rooms (at least the sea-view, deluxe) are really nice
During our stay we had problems with wind & water leaking through windows - the weather was terrible, and with the sea-side location and age of the building, this wasn't a surprise, but from my perspective, 5-star hotels don't have water leaking through windows.
The hotel also seemed deserted sometimes; for example, on Friday night we went down to the "Dual in the Sun" bar, but there wasn't anyone (even a bartender?) in there?
Hotel is very expensive - for example, breakfast if not included in your room rate, is 24 pounds per person, which seemed a bit much?
Small things - dust, cobwebs, peeling paint in the pool area, front lights (at entrance) are not lit, nor were any of the lights on the road up to the entrance?
Perhaps part of our problem was that we were there during an off-peak time, but I just felt the 5 stars weren't justified?
All that said, it's still a very gorgeous property, and I would highly recommend if visiting the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled within an 800 acre estate with views overlooking the rugged Ayrshire coastline, Trump Turnberry Resort is an enchanting destination. Trump Turnberry is the world's original golf resort with over a century of hospitality and tradition. It is scene of some of the most memorable moments in Open history, the championship Ailsa course is a legend in the game. Complimented by The Turnberry Performance Academy, an outstanding teaching facility offering a holistic approach to the game of golf; Trump Turnberry Resort is one of the most magnificent destinations for golf breaks in Scotland. With a range of outstanding accommodation, championship golf, a relaxing ESPA spa, six restaurants & bars and thrilling outdoor pursuits at Turnberry Adventures, Trump Turnberry Resort boasts a myriad of activities for travelers, golfers and families. The resort enjoys a spectacular coastal setting with breathtaking views of the Isle of Arran, Ailsa Craig and the Irish Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Trump Turnberry, A Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turnberry, a Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland Hotel Turnberry
- Turnberry Westin
- Trump Turnberry, A Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland