For the golfers, the courses were excellent, good conditions made it even better. Every blade of grass, perfect. No problems and a well done to all course staff. Staff all round (course, clubhouse and hotel) were great, polite and helpful. After 18 holes we headed to the club house for a quick bite, we chose the Sirloin Steak sandwich and coffee. Being in Scotland, home of the Angus beef , we were looking forward to a good snack. Prices a little over the top, but you're at Turnberry!
A huge disappointment when two slices of breakfast's left over bread and a wafer thin slice of beef appeared in front of us, garnished with half a bag of crisps each. This came to £46 for the four of us. A shame, because if the prices and standard of food had been reasonable we were planning to have stayed there during the evening for dinner and drinks. We ended up in the local village for dinner, (1 mile down the road, highly recommend - 3 course dinner around £25) many members we spoke too mentioned this to us rather than the overated 1906 in the hotel or clubhouse.
Nothing special about the room, I have stayed in B&B's of the same standard, for a third of the price.
Breakfast was a joke, luckily this was inclusive to the package we bought. We were all left wondering where the nearest cafe was, shocked to see the menu in the room afterwards that it should have been £24.50 each.
Again, overall, we were there for the golf - Excellent. Staff - Excellent. Food & drink - Awful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled within an 800 acre estate with views overlooking the rugged Ayrshire coastline, Trump Turnberry Resort is an enchanting destination. Trump Turnberry is the world's original golf resort with over a century of hospitality and tradition. It is scene of some of the most memorable moments in Open history, the championship Ailsa course is a legend in the game. Complimented by The Turnberry Performance Academy, an outstanding teaching facility offering a holistic approach to the game of golf; Trump Turnberry Resort is one of the most magnificent destinations for golf breaks in Scotland. With a range of outstanding accommodation, championship golf, a relaxing ESPA spa, six restaurants & bars and thrilling outdoor pursuits at Turnberry Adventures, Trump Turnberry Resort boasts a myriad of activities for travelers, golfers and families. The resort enjoys a spectacular coastal setting with breathtaking views of the Isle of Arran, Ailsa Craig and the Irish Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Trump Turnberry, A Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turnberry, a Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland Hotel Turnberry
- Turnberry Westin
- Trump Turnberry, A Luxury Collection Resort, Scotland