“Highly recommend this hotel.”
Review of Malin Court Hotel

Malin Court Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Turnberry
Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

Great service and staff. Food excellent and rooms are of a high standard. Great view of Turnberry golf course from our room. Will definitely go back and would recommend this hotel to anyone. We were there at a party night and with over 100 people attending the food and service were excellent.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Ballantrae1

Reviewed December 16, 2013

Stayed here as part of a Christmas Party Night / Overnight Stay deal, and have to say it was excellent.
The room was lovely, very spacious and comfortable with a sofa & coffee table as well as all the other usual bits. There are tea & coffee facilities - with biscuits. An iron & ironing board, and 2 bottles of water. The bathroom was large and modern, and also had bath robes.
Our Party Night was great and the food was very good, absolutely no complaints there.
Breakfast next morning was also very good, with cooked items made to order, plus help yourself to cereals, fruit, and juice.
All in all a great deal, and we have booked already (on the way out) for next year!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank lovetoholiday2007
Reviewed August 16, 2013

The location is great for this Hotel/Restaurant. We had a pleasant time lookingnout the large windows seeing the ocean and the 7th green of one of Turnberry Resorts golf courses. The food was very good and the service was excellent.

Room Tip: Great place to stop and eat Breaskfast, Lunch or dinner
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My husband granddaughter and myself enjoyed high tea here and food was perfection. I had Salmon salad which was more inventive than lettuce and cucumber with fresh fruit in it. Others had steak cooked just as asked and hubby enjoyed steak pie. Have been here a few times now service is always good and nothing too much trouble for staff. So if in the area don't miss out give Malin Court a try.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Heatherjgray
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We had a Glasgow Herald offer for dinner , bed and breakfast. It was excellent value. Room 9 called Jura was perfect. It was spacious with lovely decor, a large ensuite with nice fluffy towels, nice soaps etc, a large flat screen TV , tea & coffee and lovely white bed linen. A very quiet room and we slept very well as not a sound did we hear during the night.
Dinner was really delicious from large choice on menu and served at table with crisp white linen and with nice views over Maidens village. All the staff were an absolute delight and all of them went out of their way to make us feel welcome. Our breakfast was every bit as delicious with very attentive prompt service just like over dinner and we really enjoyed our overnight stay. The fact that the hotel is part of a very up market care home did not bother us one bit and we did wonder why on earth it might bother other people. It seems to though judging by Trip Advisor comments! We enjoyed our stay!

Room Tip: Jura Room 9 spacious and very quiet
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ajkedar
Reviewed July 25, 2013

My husband and i had a excellent break recently. The food was excellent and all the staff were extremely pleasant and helpful at all times. The views were stunning, there was a wide choice of menu and they also cater for people who need care.

Room Tip: Go for the alisa suite
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kathleen F
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Just arrived and I have to say from the outside it fits in well with the surroundings

I checked in late 8.30pm

Last orders in restaurant is 9pm. Even though it wasn't busy there was no problem and all the staff that I dealt with more than polite. I have to say, the service I received seemed quite genuine and not the usual "we have to ask if your meals ok but we don't really want to know the answer."

I had paid as part of my deal online for my meal. I didn't read what I was getting before hand and quite frankly I was vey surprised. The waiter bought over the menu and I explained that I had paid up front and he basically said its a three course meal and you can have whatever you want off the menu followed by tea or coffee

For me that was a refreshing change, so many places have restrictions on what you can have / can't have.

To cut a long story short everything I was served was of the highest quality and the presentation was very good

Everyone who served me, which was pretty much all the staff by the end of the night were fabulous.

The rooms are fine, I had a double which was more than big enough

I didn't know the hotel was also a care home when I booked, and you know I don't think it matters. It's a lovely location and I feel sure that the elderly people who live here enjoy it was much as I have enjoyed it so far

I would definitely come here again, many thanks

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Carl N
Also consider these accommodations in or near Turnberry
Savoy Park Hotel
Hallmark Hotel Irvine
Old Loans Inn
Old Loans Inn
#3 of 6 in Troon

Been to Malin Court Hotel? Share your experiences!