“Lovely views and great food”
Review of Malin Court Hotel

Malin Court Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Turnberry
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My husband granddaughter and myself enjoyed high tea here and food was perfection. I had Salmon salad which was more inventive than lettuce and cucumber with fresh fruit in it. Others had steak cooked just as asked and hubby enjoyed steak pie. Have been here a few times now service is always good and nothing too much trouble for staff. So if in the area don't miss out give Malin Court a try.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Heatherjgray

Reviewed August 2, 2013

We had a Glasgow Herald offer for dinner , bed and breakfast. It was excellent value. Room 9 called Jura was perfect. It was spacious with lovely decor, a large ensuite with nice fluffy towels, nice soaps etc, a large flat screen TV , tea & coffee and lovely white bed linen. A very quiet room and we slept very well as not a sound did we hear during the night.
Dinner was really delicious from large choice on menu and served at table with crisp white linen and with nice views over Maidens village. All the staff were an absolute delight and all of them went out of their way to make us feel welcome. Our breakfast was every bit as delicious with very attentive prompt service just like over dinner and we really enjoyed our overnight stay. The fact that the hotel is part of a very up market care home did not bother us one bit and we did wonder why on earth it might bother other people. It seems to though judging by Trip Advisor comments! We enjoyed our stay!

Room Tip: Jura Room 9 spacious and very quiet
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ajkedar
Reviewed July 25, 2013

My husband and i had a excellent break recently. The food was excellent and all the staff were extremely pleasant and helpful at all times. The views were stunning, there was a wide choice of menu and they also cater for people who need care.

Room Tip: Go for the alisa suite
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kathleen F
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Just arrived and I have to say from the outside it fits in well with the surroundings

I checked in late 8.30pm

Last orders in restaurant is 9pm. Even though it wasn't busy there was no problem and all the staff that I dealt with more than polite. I have to say, the service I received seemed quite genuine and not the usual "we have to ask if your meals ok but we don't really want to know the answer."

I had paid as part of my deal online for my meal. I didn't read what I was getting before hand and quite frankly I was vey surprised. The waiter bought over the menu and I explained that I had paid up front and he basically said its a three course meal and you can have whatever you want off the menu followed by tea or coffee

For me that was a refreshing change, so many places have restrictions on what you can have / can't have.

To cut a long story short everything I was served was of the highest quality and the presentation was very good

Everyone who served me, which was pretty much all the staff by the end of the night were fabulous.

The rooms are fine, I had a double which was more than big enough

I didn't know the hotel was also a care home when I booked, and you know I don't think it matters. It's a lovely location and I feel sure that the elderly people who live here enjoy it was much as I have enjoyed it so far

I would definitely come here again, many thanks

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Carl N
Reviewed June 10, 2013

weekend away to Craig Tara Ayr and ended up in Maybole and stopped a lady on the street 2 ask where we could get something 2 eat that was child friendly 3yrs & 6yrs .she was happy to direct us to the Malin Court saying she had been there an Tuesday with her family and it was worth the visit.
driving up it looks very swish tippickle Golf club, drove round the side to the restaurant this is when the bells should have gone off,there was a gent in his later life on 2 sticks haven a wander through the car park,however got kids out off the car and went on in (noticing white table cloths) to be greated warmly by a female member of staff asking if we had booked and if we were there for high tea or 3 course meal(this is where the bells should have gone off) she brought us the menu to have a look at it looked just what was needed.seated in the foya while she got a table ready.seated within 5mins at a lovely crisp white table cloth with full kit just perfect for 2 little 1ns who don't get let out of their cages often.there was plenty tables filled however with people in their later life having high tea pinckys a loft.
saying this we all had the greatest feast starters of hubby had duck with pine nuts and I had prawns,hubby & the 3yr old had the scampi ,the 6yr old had the macaroni & I had pumpkin ravioli all cooked and served to perfection.
the service we got was top notch I asked for some paper for the kids to draw on to keep them bizzy while weighting and was brought cryons 2.
it was not till we were leaving that our joking about a nursing home was realised.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank littlenought
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Recently my employer held an annual GM at a resort nearby and there was not enough accommodation for everyone to stay over.... so we were put up in this hotel.

The hotel is set in lovely grounds and has some top notch views from the first floor rooms. It is very handy for the village of maidens and walking distance from the Turnberry resort and Golf Courses. Top marks here....

The room we stayed in was an executive twin. All guest rooms are on the the first floor and the room was clean and had recently been renovated to a good standard. My colleague was not so lucky. Her room was a standard double and it was small and very dated. Although the rooms where clean they unfortunately had a bit of a smell... in particular the bathrooms were whiffy.

The main down point of this hotel is that the main business conducted is that of an old folks home/care home. The communal areas are nice, but very old people friendly, and also occupied by the residents. The hotel smells like a care home from the minute you walk in the door and there are a lot of residents shuffling about while you are checking in.

Also, the main doors are locked at 10pm and you need to leave your key at reception and use a "code" to get in the door.

The sleep quality was good but not great. we were woken by the people in the next room having a shower and the walls were pretty thin.

Breakfast was good. No buffet selection or fresh fruit on display. Only Orange juice and few cereals out and everything else was waitress service. cooked breakfast was lovely apart from my poached egg being over cooked and literally hard boiled.

i would never have booked this hotel myself had i read some of the other reviews... but it was booked by a colleague for location. The location is beautiful and the hotel is a lot more affordable than nearby Turnberry Resort.

Room Tip: go for an executive room! they have been renovated!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Gillian T
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here twice in last 2 months and no complaints - excellent service in all depts, food plenty & tasty, comfy rooms, good sleeps-always a great wee breakaway-love it!! If you are looking for all razzmatazz this is not the place for you.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank AMJ46
Also consider these accommodations in or near Turnberry
Savoy Park Hotel
Hallmark Hotel Irvine
Southfield Hotel
Southfield Hotel
#2 of 5 in Girvan

Been to Malin Court Hotel? Share your experiences!