“A spectacular castle with grand history”
Review of Culzean Castle

Culzean Castle
Book In Advance
More Info
$45.03*
and up
Ayrshire Coast Day Trip from Glasgow: Robert Burns Country and Culzean Country...
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Maybole
Bridgewater, CT
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A spectacular castle with grand history”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Bill did a wonderful job with the tour. Don,t forget to see the kitchen!!!!!! The gardens were as late season gardens would be, the plants that were in full bloom were flourishing!

Visited October 2013

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“excellent place to visit”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

excellent attraction to see in fact a must !! the guide was very friendly and knowledgeable great value for money well worth a visit as there is so much to see

Ogden, Utah
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Full of history”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I visited Culzean Castle during a side trip out of London. The castle is just a few miles from Ayr Scotland.

It sits right on the ocean shore and the views are pretty spectacular. The property is in amazing condition considering the age.

The local government gave the top of the castle to President Eisenhower as a gesture of appreciation for his leadership during world war II.

Definitely worth seeing if you are anywhere near the area.

Visited November 2012
Greater Manchester
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“National Trust Gem (but maybe not when it's raining)”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We arrived just looking for something to do as we didn't want to go far from where we were staying (in Ayr). The usual thing happened at the main entrance "have you considered joining the National Trust"? We were members a number of years ago but hadn't wanted to renew, we were told that ifwe joined on the day we would get our admission fee refunded and only £65 for 12mths direct debit (family of 4) plus this allows us entrance to all Uk and Ireland National Trust sites too. Well what a bargain!!!! We were made very welcome in the entrance and signed up.
Now when we visited it was a wet day (not many dry days in Scotland I know) and unless your a good walker I'd give the Swan lake a miss (although you can drive to it) the walled gardens are lovely but the main attraction is the Castle. We arrived just in time for a guided tour to start, this is just over 1hour long and goes through many rooms and is very informative. Now some people were bothered by not being able to take photos but why not pay out for a souvenir brochure as these places aren't cheap to run you know. Toilets are very clean and the little shop is quite well stocked and reasonably priced. The views are breathtaking too (if the clouds stay away)

Sudbury
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mixed feelings”
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

I stopped just to see the castle as I didn't have time in my schedule to walk around the grounds (from
what I did see, they were beautiful). For £15 I was disappointed that pictures couldn't be taken inside, and I had to wear my backpack to my front, as bags are not allowed at your back inside the castle. The interior was breathtaking, but I found the staff (in each room they are stationed in) were preoccupied with a wedding that was going to take place at the castle. Granted I showed up close to to closing (about 3:30 and tours stop at 4 and it's closed to the public at 5). When I exited the castle it was raining and Didn't want to get wet taking more pictures of the exterior... So, yes it was beautiful, but if I ever went back (probably wont) ill only do the grounds pass (not sure what the price is on that).