“Pulled Lamb”

Kirkmichael Arms
Ranked #2 of 11 Restaurants in Maybole
Cuisines: British, Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Serving quality food from 12.00 Noon till 9pm daily.(Closed Tuesdays winter hours) Where possible we use locally sourced fresh produce. Early Bird Menu, Daily Specials Board, Lunch & Evening Menus.
Tauranga, New Zealand
“Pulled Lamb”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Little pub in a wee village miles from anywhere but GREAT FOOD. Seems that between us in our group we had had most things on the menu and the consensus was that everything was excellent, service was efficient and really nothing to fault it and all thought good value

• Visited September 2013

York, United Kingdom
“One of the best meals I've ever had!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had supper at the Kirkmichael Arms last night and what a culinary treat ... the best Spiced Cajun Chicken you could ask for. This delicious dish was served with scrummy rice, coriander, creamy yogurt mmmmm!! This was followed by perfect panna cotta with strawberries and vanilla icecream which was out of this world. The staff were extremely helpful and attentive and we also met Dorothy the owner - everyone made us feel very welcome - thank you very much.

Visited September 2013
Ayr, United Kingdom
“Truly lovely wee pub/restaurant”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Having enjoyed many meals in the Kirkmichael Arms both before and after its refurbishment, I felt it time to leave a review as I have read with dismay other reviews which have pretty much slated the service and cost. Now going back a good few years a steak pie dinner lets say, would cost around £6.50 at the Kirkmichael Arms and would do the job I suppose, I never expected anything other than pub grub. Used to laugh when every dish whether it was risotto, curry, pie or fish n chips would be served with the token frozen type mixed veg! Never had a complaint all the same. The restaurant then was however dark, dated and in desperate need of a makeover. Well now to the present day and a makeover and a half has emerged. The newly refurbished Kirkmichael Arms is light, modern and finished to a very high standard. A complete contrast to what us villagers were used to. The Restaurant has been kept separate from the main bar allowing families to enjoy their meals without interruption. Now as a regular visitor over the years we as a family were just happy to have a local restaurant again whether it was just to be 'pub grub' on offer again, however what we got was a lot more. Yes you can still order a steak pie, fish n chips and lasagne, (minus the tasteless mixed veg from a bag!) but now it looks and tastes far more superior than the usual gastro pub offerings. Every dish is prepared and cooked obviously to a high standard, and then presented beautifully. If your looking for mammoth portions served in a bucket go to a Brewers Fayre. I have never had a problem with the portions or the prices for that matter at this gem of a restaurant. I will always be happy to pay for quality. My opinions were strengthened after being dragged kicking and screaming to a neighbouring pub/restaurant who were serving steak and chips for £5! I would have enjoyed chewing the sole of my boot more. Not only that the clientele scared the life out of my Daughter, let's just say more tattoos than teeth! Anyway, back to the Kirkmichael Arms, a relaxed wee pub with a fabby restaurant. And for those reviewers who say its not suitable for kids, again I have to say if your kids can't sit and enjoy their meals without swinging from the rafters then go to Burger King where there's a soft play. I have 3 girls, the youngest being 5 who like her mum loves dining at the Arms and is always welcomed.
If you haven't been already, make it your next meal out, you won't be dissatisfied .

4 Thank Lex M
aberdeens
“amazing choice”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Six different meals , everyone happy with their choice. Everything here from great pies, specials, steaks, fish dishes , salads , burgers and snack menus. Big portions unable to fit in desert.
Staff were very good and the meals served quickly. Real ale also very good.

1 Thank sunnyg7
Ayrshire
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food nice although cold dessert! Terrible service”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We visited this restaurant for a late lunch on Sunday 11th August around 3pm! First time iv been since its been reopened, main meal was lovely!! We all really enjoyed it, although we sat with empty plates and glasses for a good 10 mins whilst the waitresses stood at the bar chatting, twice the girl with blonde hair walked right past our table and did not acknowledge us or our empty plates etc, in the end up she finally cleared the table but did not ask us if we would like another drink, had to go to the bar and order whilst they still stood chatting and polishing cutlery!! Took our dessert order, whilst we sat with the previous empty glasses still on the table and when it came the hot chocolate and orange brownie was stone cold as well as the warm chocolate fudge cake, we asked the blonde girl if it was supposed to be warm she said "yes, is it not like?" We said it was cold so she rolled her eyes lifted the plates and stomped to the kitchen without saying a word, we waited as she brought them back out explaining that the chef had heated them and if he heated them anymore they would melt!! I'm sorry but what?? They were cold out the fridge, clearly hadn't been heated at all and then managed to heat the fudge cake but not the brownie and said she (my cousin) would need to choose another option! I was so annoyed with the waitress more than anything! She clearly did not want to be there, blatantly ignored us half the time and had a "can't be bothered" attitude! Service was appalling when it wasn't that busy and we were in perfect view of the bar where the girls could see us but chose to ignore us! We sat for another 10/15 mins with empty dessert plates! We asked for the bill whilst sitting with a table full of empty glasses which had been sitting there from our first course! It is a shame really, main course was really nice and looks like a lovely wee place! Maybe the staff letting yous down a little perhaps as I don't think I have ever experienced service like this before! Waitress needs to learn some manners, how to do her job properly and look like she actually wants to be there!

1 Thank Smc912013