“Pleasantly surprised”

Description: Also a take away
Stranraer, United Kingdom
“Pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The Pearl isn't the most attractive restaurant from the outside but I was really surprised by how nice it was inside - and it didn't stop at the decor. The food was excellent, with lovely flavours and plenty of it. Having eaten in what was supposed to be the Number 1 restaurant (Indian) in Edinburgh earlier this year, I couldn't say that it was any better than the Pearl. I don't know a lot about Indian food but I know what tastes good and what doesn't, and the food here was good. Service was very good too and the bill was also a pleasant surprise. Would definitely eat here again.

• Visited June 2013

“Good food excellent service”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I eat at the pearl often great food and service, I have never left feeling disappointed with my meal or attention from the staff also the inside of the restaurant is second to none for cleanliness and appearance .

Kidderminster, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Would not use again”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

The onion bhaji was good!!! That's where it ended the wife had prawn purée,forget it, as for mains I had South Indian garlic chilli,she had nentara,no taste of garlic at all,and both were like coloured water. I.e no taste, the rice was good. we eat currys all over the country as travel a lot and this rates as one of worst. People who rate this as good, need to try somewhere else 1st. As I used it because of the rating,and it was a waste of £30. Thanks

1 Thank lottie35
Stranraer
“Great wee restaurant”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Seven of us visited thePearl for a birthday meal and all agreed that the food and service were first class. Nice choice on the menu and I can recomend the Cobra beer.

• Visited November 2012
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
“Brilliant!”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We live locally but had never used the Pearl. Recently family visited from abroad and we ventured in. Our relatives who are real Indian food fanatics raved about the flavours and the quality of the food. A real find. We've already been back.

Visited September 2012