“Short Break”

Dowhill
Ranked #2 of 25 Restaurants in Girvan
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Dowhill was opened in 2001 as a farm diversification destination. The family run business includes; A farm shop which is stocked full of home grown vegetables & locally sourced goods, A farmhouse Restaurant which features daily specials and hearty home cooked meals. The business has undergone a major refurbishment in 2017 bringing it's unrivalled views to the fore and introducing a new range of gift ware and clothing into the farm shop.
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Dropped in on our way down too Stranraer. Lovely meals, very nice staff, reasonable prices with a good well stocked farm shop with some great local produce. Will stop again next time we are passing.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Nice restaurant / cafe and decent gift and farm shop. Good place to stop on way to other attraction in the area.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Just south of Turnberry, this offers an excellent restaurant/coffee shop with really good fresh produce. Plus, there is a farm shop and a separate gift shop which are both worth looking through. (Best not to let the ladies linger too long in the gift shop though).

Reviewed August 8, 2012

I came up off the Ayr Coastal Path to this restaurant thinking I'd have soup or coffee and cake but found that while there was plenty for the general customer, and there were lots of these in, there was nothing I could have as a snack. The two soups on the menu were Scotch Broth (containing barley and therefor gluten) or cream of leek and potato and I can't take cream. No soya milk for my coffee and among the display of lovely homemade cakes only one variety of prepack for me. I picked up a bottle of ginger beer in the shop and enquired if they had any gluten free biscuits in the shop. They didn't. There wasn't even a seat outside I could sit on to drink my ginger beer!

1  Thank Moosemad
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Having been down at the seaside town of Girvan we popped into Dowhill for lunch after friends spoke about it the night before. We had a lovely meal then a hearty big scone before heading on.
Before heading to the car we popped into the shop and came away with newly dug Ayrshire tatties and local farm eggs. Well worth a visit.

1  Thank Traveller69Scotland