“The friendliest hotel!”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Girvan
norfolk
“The friendliest hotel!”
Reviewed September 23, 2009

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights and had such a chilled time. The room faced the sea, which was over a busy main road but soon overlooked that as views over beach were fantastic!
Room lovely and clean, very spacious. Absolutely quiet in the evenings which was just what we needed to ensure a great nights sleep.
We were on a package deal with included breakfast and dinner and so glad as the food was delicious. I rarely eat 3 courses but tried my best and glad I did!
It's a family-run business and has a real feel-good atmosphere.
Will definitely be back!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
G41 5PN
Reviewed August 31, 2009

We stayed at the hotel only 3 weeks after it opened to meet demand for the British Open Golf. We had the Mezzanine suite and found this very well appointed . It was part of the hotel's charm that the restaurant was situated across a courtyard which felt part of a working
farm with horses, livestock and a very interesting garden centre and farm shop. Well done the Forbes family..

Cumbria
Reviewed August 26, 2009

My son and I discovered this little gem by pure accident. what a lucky break. The standard of the rooms and friendliness of all the staff was excellent. The quality of the scottish breakfast was again, equally to a high standard. The packed lunch provided for our golf days was spot on, last but by no means least was the chauffer service to and from the Turnberry course was excellent. Everything that could be done to make our stay easier was no problem, and carried out with a smile. Booked again for September with my wife. We are both looking forward to visiting the Woodland Bay Hotel again for my part and the first time for my wife

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed August 22, 2009

My son and I greatly enjoyed our stay at the Woodland Bay Hotel. The staff are exceptionally friendly and provided better customer service than received at a Ritz-Carlton resort. The rooms are comfortable, clean and HUGE! The hotel is very accessible for anyone with mobility issues and our room had a barrier-free bathroom. My husband is disabled and does not fly, but when I can get him on an airplane I want to go back to Woodland Bay as I know that he would be very comfortable and would have a wonderful holiday.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Jacksonville, FL
Reviewed August 19, 2009

The hotel portion of the property was brand new, had just opened within a week or so, so everything was in pristine fashion. I need a lot of help making arrangements prior to arrival and the hotel owner was more than gracious to accommodate them all. It was a very personalized experience, the beach is right across the street. I would stay there again if I ever needed to visit the area!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
iom
Reviewed August 18, 2009

We spent an amazing 5 days watching The Open and the hotel was spot on in every department. The service was second to none and the cleanliness and location was perfect. Would love to come again but spend the time taking in the scenery.
Thank you to the Forbes family for such an unforgetable stay!

Chicago
Reviewed August 17, 2009

The hospitality at this hotel was outstanding, the staff were very friendly and went out of their way to welcome us! The rooms were great and much bigger than we expected. The hotel is in a beautiful location, right on the sea, and the sunsets were amazing. We were there for the Open at Turnberry, its a beautiful part of Scotland. We ate in the restaurant twice and the food was super - great menu, lots of choices. Don't worry if you forget to bring something with you...there's a farm shop on the property and the drive into town is only a couple of minutes. We'll definitely go back to this place again :-)

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Girvan
Southfield Hotel
#1 of 1 in Ballantrae
The Marine Hotel
The Marine Hotel
#5 of 6 in Troon

Been to Woodland Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!