“One of the best steaks I've ever eaten!!”
Review of Woodland Bay Hotel

Woodland Bay Hotel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Girvan
Invergordon, United Kingdom
“One of the best steaks I've ever eaten!!”
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night on a romantic break with my girlfriend and it was perfect!! The room was spacious and the bed was huge and really comfortable. We hanged out at the tables outside, watching the world go by and chatting to the other hotel guests as they wandered in and out of the hotel. My girfriend loves horses and the tables are situated within the grounds so this was an added bonus.

We both had steak for dinner and it was delicious - one of the best steaks I've ever had and I've tried A LOT of steaks :-)

The owner is a great guy - very personable and welcoming. The followig morning there was no rush for us to get out of our room and when we did we found out we had missed breakfast BUT they would be happy to put something on for us. It's this kind of service which makes the best hotels in Scotland stand head and shoulders above the rest.

Well done to the team and I look forward to staying here again.

Stop thinking about it BOOK NOW!!!

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Wallsend-on-Tyne, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Me and the wife decided at the last minute on a two day trip to Girvin and found this lovely hotel on late rooms dot com. I must say what a great welcoming arriving a bit later then expected. What a lovely room comfortable and immaculate. Went for lunch late and the kitchen staff were more then happy to serve us. I ordered the steak and the misses had garlic mushrooms and a side order or onion rings. Everything was perfect. All in all we would love to return again and put woodland bay hotel in our trip. Also may return with our pooch as its doggy friendly.

Room Tip: Wife likes to add.. She done a finger test and found no dust what so ever.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Darlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Having being to the hotel in Feb this year we said we would go back and we did, 17th of this month for one night and we received the same quality, service as we had in Feb. The hotel is outstanding and the staff are friendly this time we stayed in the mezzanine suite no sea view but hey get up and get out there the beach is across the road a nice walk after your evening meal. The food is 1st class and the service also. Will most certainly be going back - fantastic.

Room Tip: No tips needed you won't be disappointed
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 8, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed our one night stay at the Woodland Bay Hotel and wished we had more time to stay longer. The staff were friendly and we asked for a room with a view. Our room was clean, comfortable and large, and the view of the bay back to Girvan was enchanting. The mattress was a little thin and spongy, but it was surprisingly comfortable. The bathroom was large and I congratulate the staff for providing decent and large towels . I loath having a shower only to find that a towel the size of a bathmat is provided. Not in this case!

We enjoyed dinner and breakfast in the restaurant. For dinner I selected the sea bass with buttered beans, my meal was accompanied with parsley potatoes and finished in a creamy sauce. It was a top choice. My partner had the rack of lamb, a generously serving of 6 cutlets, served with a memorable pea and mint puree, which he is still talking about. Breakfast the next morning was included in the tariff. We chose the poached free range eggs and local bacon. I must admit to sending the bacon back to be crisped. I don't like bacon served like ham. The waiter most kindly returned with piping hot crispy bacon, doing justice to their local fare. I would love to see home made marmalades and jams served. All in all this is a first rate establishment and well worth the trip to Girvan. Incidentally Girvan is the home of the famous and adorably green glass bottled Hendriks gin, which is distilled in the town. We first discovered this drink on a trip to Singapore a few years ago, where the locals we met there reckon it's their favourite drop.

There is plenty of parking in the two hotel carparks and there is disable access. The reception also has travel advice and brochures.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was excellent for accomodating our needs, i.e. 2 travel cots and a microwave provided both free of charge. Rooms are spotless and you can tell they have been well cleaned when you walk through the door and meet a lovely smell. Bed comfortable, tv, dvd, safe, power shower, we stayed in the mezzanine suite. Our 2nd stay and would go again.
Location - about 2 miles from girvan but you can walk if you want to.

• Stayed August 2013
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed a very pleasant stay at the Woodland Bay Hotel, situated just outside Girvan on the road to Ballantrae. The occasion was to celebrate my partners birthday, and a bottle of chilled champagne in an ice bucket, awaited our arrival at room 12.

The service, food, accommodation and value for money was exemplary. The mezzanine suite apartment was bright, fresh and modern with all mod cons, including drinks fridge. The main room is complemented by sofa, table and chairs and lcd television. There is a bathroom with generous double shower just off. The king size bed is situated upstairs and this gives the room a very restful and peaceful environment with natural light via Velux roof windows, with a view over the firth of Clyde towards Girvan.

We had dinner in the restaurant on the first night of our stay. The starter we selected was haggis & black pudding spring rolls with a sweet chilli dipping sauce, which was delightful. We both opted for the home made steak and ale pie with creamy mash potatoes and seasonal veg which was superb! A very generous portion on a piping hot plate! My bugbear in lesser establishments is food served on a luke warm or cold plate. Alas there was no room for dessert, which is on my 'to-do' list for a future occasion!

The service provided by the staff was exemplary as well as friendly and personable at all times. Top marks also for the full cooked Scottish breakfast, which was delicious! The breakfast consisted of Woodland Farm Pork Links, Dry Cured Bacon, Stornoway Black Pudding, Tomatoes, Mushrooms, Tattie Scone, choice of Fried, Poached or Scrambled Free Range Eggs, Brown or White Toast and choice of Freshly Brewed Tea or Coffee.

I have many fond memories of Girvan from childhood and The Woodland Bay Hotel was a fantastic base to tour the beautiful rugged coastline areas of Lendalfoot, Ballantrae and Girvan.

A heart felt thanks to all the hard working staff here, who do a fantastic job. I very much look forward to a return visit.

• Stayed July 2013
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Me and my partner visited this restaurant a few months back and I have to say it was brilliant! The food, service, atmosphere, everything was great! The staff were friendly and happy to help! I look forward to returning in the near future!

• Stayed March 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Girvan
Southfield Hotel
#1 of 1 in Ballantrae
Savoy Park Hotel
Savoy Park Hotel
#1 of 17 in Ayr

Been to Woodland Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!