When we arrived, the reception was somewhat clumsy. Partly our own cause, because we followed a supplier entering the grounds, arriving unexpected for the staff. Improvisation was not easy for them at that moment. We were showed to our rooms and there was a brief explanation about things to do, high tea and diner, but in a way that didn't make us feel very comfortable and welcome. Ordering tea in the garden was an other thing that made the staff pretty nervous. But finally it al came right. We had a wonderfull tea in the garden, went to the Pebbles Spa later that afternoon and they arranged us a horse ride the next day. It cost them a lot of effort, but they didn't give up. Super. And diner was supurb! Some very fine courses, personalized to our own wishes, including these of our teenage doughters. All in a very relaxed though stilish atmosphere, brought us a very noce evening. Of course the rooms were great. I would certainly recommend the family room on the ground floor to any family. It's huge and terrific. It all costs a bit, but it's all worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful Scots Baronial castle set in 36 acres of stunning gardens and woodland overlooking the Ayrshire coastline and out to Ailsa Craig, the Isle of Arran and Mull of Kintyre. The castle is Scotland's highest rated Country House Hotel with 5 AA Red Stars and 4 AA Rosettes, 5 VisitScotland Gold Stars, EatScotland Gold Award and a Michelin Star. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Glenapp Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glenapp Castle Ballantrae, Scotland
- Glenapp Castle Hotel Ballantrae