Booked lunch here purely on the basis of its Michelin star award, and i certainly was not disappointed. Both the food and service were excellent and the surroundings really were magnificent. The ox cheek was tender and full of flavour, the combination pork dish tasted superb and to finish i had the best raspberry souffle i've ever tasted. The presentation throughout had plenty of flare to highlight the fesh local produce. We were greeted at the door on arrival and made to feel feel very welcome, which i thought to very proffessional and negated the stuffiness that often linger in this type of venue. The manageress was kind enough to give us a brief history of the castle and the time and money it took to restore, a labour of love would be a total understatement!
As a resident of Ayrshire and with only one other with this award it deserves our support.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful Scots Baronial castle set in 36 acres of stunning gardens and woodland overlooking the Ayrshire coastline and out to Ailsa Craig, the Isle of Arran and Mull of Kintyre. The castle is Scotland's highest rated Country House Hotel with 5 AA Red Stars and 4 AA Rosettes, 5 VisitScotland Gold Stars, EatScotland Gold Award and a Michelin Star. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Glenapp Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glenapp Castle Ballantrae, Scotland
- Glenapp Castle Hotel Ballantrae