“Mean Christmas.”

Piersland House Hotel
Ranked #3 of 46 Restaurants in Troon
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

Was there last night with friends and had turkey dinner with trimmings . Very very small nouvelle cuisine one roast potato size of walnut ,two circles carrot. Two Brussels sprouts and tablespoon of mash squashed with thin circles of turky sausage and stuffing.which tasted ok but was the size of an entré. . . Followed by small cube of sticky toffee. .my friend had the smallest piece of Christmas pudding I have ever seen served. . . The fish and chips was a better size. I can only assume they were running out of Christmas food as every one was ordering the same so reduced the size of their servings. Spoke to manager who took price of Christmas pudding off bill. . My wife and I used to love this place but unless I decide to go on a strict diet I will not be back. . Ok restaurant for weight watchers.

1  Thank Richard F

Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

Excellent food at great value prices. Plenty of choices on the menu, something to suit almost everyone. No complaints.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

This is a little piece of heaven on a plate! One of the very best eating places you will ever encounter. Food is simply superb! The ambience is relaxed and comfortable, the staff are warm and friendly .... AND .... it is very affordable! We have been many times for lunch and dinner without disappointment! We loved the place so much we got married here! Cant fault the place. Keep up the good work!

Reviewed November 3, 2013

After an extremely bracing walk of nearly two hours we had an excellent lunch at Piersland. The quality of the food, presentation and the service were all first class. I was very impressed with the way the staff coped with a full restaurant and both bars busy with guests attending a wedding. Definitely will return.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Was on break with wife at nearby hotel but decided to try this restaurant as menu looked good and prices reasonable.....can sum it all up in one word "SUPERB" The food was prepared with care, attention and most importantly was delicious, I had a mixed grill and the wife a seafood platter. Staff were courteous and very helpful, setting was cosy and I wanted to sit there all night.....you will not be disappointed, will definitely return.