“Lovely food.”

Piersland House Hotel
Ranked #3 of 46 Restaurants in Troon
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Food was lovely in red bowl restaurant with a good selection to choose from. The Piersland mixed grill and fish and chips were lovely and good children's menu was also available.

Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

We visited the hotel for lunch on the 30 September, before spending a lovely afternoon walking our dog around the local beach.

The hotel, built in 1899 as a private house for the grandson of the famous whisky manufacturer, Johnnie Walker, is a beautiful building which oozes quality.

My wife and I had soup and cold buffet, both of which were very tastey. Our daughter went for Toulouse sausage starter followed my fish and chips which (apart from a few small bones) went down well.

We were extremely fortunate to have a warm sunny day, and this showed off the gardens at their best. We would highly recommend the Piersland House.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

My husband and I headed to Piersland for an unusually child-free Sunday lunch. We were told on arrival that a wedding would be held so the cold buffet would be cleared early and also that they needed our table back in an hour and a quarter. We were fine with both of these, were seated and brought drinks. We then waited for 15 minutes while a large group were being served, plates cleared etc. No member of staff spoke to us in that time, just walked past our table. We decided that we didn't want to be ignored any longer and got up to left. A waiter did apologise at this point. Very disappointed as we have eaten at Piersland many times over the years. Poor customer service.

1  Thank julieholiday
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We regularly go out for lunch with my in-laws and it is always left up to me to pick somewhere to go. We have probably ate in most of the good restaurants in Ayrshire. On the back of some good reviews, I picked The Piersland House Hotel for lunch. I have stayed in Ayrshire for over 40 years and this would be the 1st time I would have eaten here, so I didn't know what to expect. The moment we arrived we were welcomed by staff on the front desk who directed us to The Walker Bar. If you love Johnny Walker whisky then this is the place to go. They have every colour of label going. The house has so much character, but at the same time has some nice modern touches here and there. The bar was quite when we arrived but soon filled up. Most of the clients were regulars and they were greeted by name. It was great listening to the banter between the staff and some of the older clients. All aspects of our meal was 1st class and very good value for money. It was my mother-in-laws birthday and the waiter must have overheard us talking about it as when he came to take our dessert order he said to her, " a wee birdie told me it was your birthday today. Happy Birthday!" It made her day. This may have been our 1st visit but it will certainly not be our last. We are now huge fans of The Piersland House Hotel.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

We were visiting Troon to celebrate our fifthieth wedding anniversary and had a marvellous meal in this hotel on Sunday the 25th August. The restaurant was extrememly busy but the staff were so pleasant and efficient that you would have thought we were the only people in there.

The nine of us had a great variety of food which was all excellent. Our compliments to the chef.

We would definately recomment this hotel.