“An ideal place to spend a cold, snowy evening!”

Piersland House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 46 Restaurants in Troon
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Went here for a meal on the 23rd. It was cold, snowing, freezing. The first impression was one of warmth. We hadn't reserved a table but were directed to one anyway.
Staff were friendly, warm, attentive. Even to the fact that I was eavesdropping on another table where there was a complaint that the wine was "too warm", that waitress had the patience of a saint!
Menu was oh so clear and very hard to pick and choose because it all sounded so good.
Anyway, had a drink and picked and was tucking into starters within 10 minutes! Delicious!!
The main was just as mouthwatering and the portions were just right. Not too much, not too little, and delicious again!
Very quick turnaround, attentive service, relaxing atmosphere if I could give it 6 out of 5, I would.
Would defensively direct anyone towards it before anywhere else in Troon.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Being local we have not stayed at the Piersland but use the bar/restaurant regularly.
This is a very well run business providing in my view the best "Pub Grub" in the area. Weekends are very busy and only a few tables are set aside for advance bookings so waiting for a table is a regular occurrence. There are two separate areas serving the same menu, one called the Walker Bar which is a traditional furnished bar and the other is furnished in a more modern manner. Most importantly we have always had a nice meal there with good food and friendly service.
The menu has a very good choice of meat and fish dishes with salads and vegetarian options also available.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Stayed here on Saturday night, what a lovely hotel. Staff are so pleasant and helpful, and really welcoming. The rooms were spotless, bed was very comfortable, and the whole place just had a good feel. Sitting in the bar with a roaring fire was perfect on a horrible Saturday night. Breakfast next morning was superb, we were just sorry that we hadn't chosen to eat in the restuarant the previous night, (unwisely, chose to go to Scott's at the marina, very poor choice, wouldn't go back there).
Highly recommend this hotel!!!!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We had the cold Buffet, which was excellent, plenty of choice.
They also had an extensive lunch menu at reasonable prices

Reviewed February 22, 2013

We called into Piersland after having a lovely time there at new year. It was expensive but the food was amazingly good. When we call in for lunch here we usually have the buffet, which is good with a large selection and you help yourself to as much as your little heart desires. On this occasion I decided to have the scampi from the a la carte as I had enjoyed it on a previous visit. That previous visit the scampi was lovely, fresh and newly cooked in house. Fresh local produce and plenty of it. Desafortuadamente, as they say in Benidorm, this time it was expensive rubbish. What was offered to me was obiously frozen scampi out of a packet, the likes of which I could get in any supermarket and day of the week. Perhaps the management at Piersland have resorted to pre packed meals delivered to them from the likes of Brake Bros to save money. No offence to Brake Bros but they only supply cheap grub to pubs and the like. Piersland, if they continue on this path, will lose a lot of business this way. Perhaps people should avoid for a little while until they come to their senses. If you go for the buffet then all is well. If you are going for the a la carte, avoid for a few months.

kuhler, Operations Director at Piersland House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

Dear Sir,

Thank you for posting your review on trip advisor and your favourable comments about your new year break.
I can confirm that we have bought our scampi from the same supplier for the past 20 years with myself in charge as the General Manager and Operations Director. The "classic deep fried scampi" at £9.50 per portion has been 1 of our most favourite dishes for many years with no quality issues I am aware of. The only explanation I can think of, is that the scampi had been in the deep fat fryer too long and therefore was overcooked.

Please contact me at your earliest convenience to discuss your comments.

Kindest regards