“Excellent”

Ranked #7 of 48 Restaurants in Troon
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Seafood restaurant overlooking Troon Harbour specialising in locally sourced produce.
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Lovely restaurant down by the harbour.
All of our party had fish for main courses - all freshly cooked , well presented and very tasty.
Great service from the staff.

There are newer reviews for MacCallum's Oyster Bar

Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

Came here the other day with my girlfriend and was really pleasantly surprised. All the fish we had was so beautifully fresh that it didn't surprise me when I was told they had a fish mongers in glasgow. My girlfriend isn't the biggest fish lover about but even she wants to go back for more.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

Not much to look at from the outside and located in a working harbour but the food here was really very good. My wife said her lemon sole was the best she had ever tasted which is saying something as she is a fish lover and although I am not I was very happy with the Turbot tempura. In fact I wish I'd had this with chips and peas because I couldn't do full justice to the haddock and chips which followed!
Service prompt and attentive.
If we are ever in Troon again we'll certainly return here.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

For starters we ordered mussels and prawn tempura - really tasty, fresh and mussels cooked to absolute perfection. Mains were scallops and monkfish - both lovely. Chips and vegetables are extra but each dish we had came with a lovely salad and dressing. Had to ask for bread for the table. Chips arrived well after the mains had been served. Staff very pleasant.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

There is just one word to describe this restaurant and that is FANTASTIC.
Food is excellent and the staff are just great, they do everything they can to make sure you enjoy your visit.