“Good, not memorable”

Ranked #7 of 46 Restaurants in Troon
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Seafood restaurant overlooking Troon Harbour specialising in locally sourced produce.
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Have dined here infrequently over the years - usually on a special occassion. Visited again in June '13 & had a fairly good experience but not as splendid as on previous visits. Ambience & service were similar but food quality has dropped slightly imho. Mussels starter was a fairly small portion & the blue cheese broth it came in was disappointing. Potatoes that we ordered as a side with the mains were over boiled. Both main fish dishes were good, but just good & not as memorable as on previous visits. Hope this was just an off night.

Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

A lovely little place, if slightly expensive. You do, however, get what you pay for as the food is quite lovely. It can be easy to not find as it is right at the end of the harbour road.

1  Thank ARobRoss
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Well worth a visit! The food in this seafood restaurant is fantastic. Wish we had found this place sooner.

1  Thank Alan C
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I am happy to say that this meal was one of the best according to my husband. He said that the oysters were simply delicious and the best he had tasted. Main course was the halibut and again 10/10 with the lovely crust. So I am really pleased he enjoyed his birthday meal.

As for me unfortunately I wasn't so excited. The cullen skink was not the best, rather thin and not as creamy and tasty as I have had before in other restaurants. The scallops on the other hand were lovely, cooked perfectly with black pudding, fresh vegetables and hand cut chilli and parmesan chips. Next I had rhubarb crumble which was on the "specials" for the day. Unfortunately the rhubarb was all green, no juicy red chunks and quite tasteless. Very disappointing. However all credit to our waitress who was very sympathetic and saw for herself and tasted for herself that it was not very good. We were refunded and a round of drinks taken off our bill.

I would like to go back though and give the restaurant a second chance but not for a wee while.

1  Thank Margaret W
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Small restaurant with a big reputation. Whatever type of fish you fancy you will find it here, fresh and cooked to perfection. I had mussels mariniere and lobster thermidor and can't wait to revisit.
My wife had seabass cooked in chilli and ginger and this was given the thumbs up also.