“Lovely seafood”

Ranked #7 of 47 Restaurants in Troon
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Seafood restaurant overlooking Troon Harbour specialising in locally sourced produce.
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

A lovely little place, if slightly expensive. You do, however, get what you pay for as the food is quite lovely. It can be easy to not find as it is right at the end of the harbour road.

1  Thank ARobRoss

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Well worth a visit! The food in this seafood restaurant is fantastic. Wish we had found this place sooner.

1  Thank Alan C
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I am happy to say that this meal was one of the best according to my husband. He said that the oysters were simply delicious and the best he had tasted. Main course was the halibut and again 10/10 with the lovely crust. So I am really pleased he enjoyed his birthday meal.

As for me unfortunately I wasn't so excited. The cullen skink was not the best, rather thin and not as creamy and tasty as I have had before in other restaurants. The scallops on the other hand were lovely, cooked perfectly with black pudding, fresh vegetables and hand cut chilli and parmesan chips. Next I had rhubarb crumble which was on the "specials" for the day. Unfortunately the rhubarb was all green, no juicy red chunks and quite tasteless. Very disappointing. However all credit to our waitress who was very sympathetic and saw for herself and tasted for herself that it was not very good. We were refunded and a round of drinks taken off our bill.

I would like to go back though and give the restaurant a second chance but not for a wee while.

1  Thank Margaret W
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Small restaurant with a big reputation. Whatever type of fish you fancy you will find it here, fresh and cooked to perfection. I had mussels mariniere and lobster thermidor and can't wait to revisit.
My wife had seabass cooked in chilli and ginger and this was given the thumbs up also.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Great to have such a good fish restaurant in Troon.
Been to MacCallum's quite a few times now and always good.
Had the Scallops and Monkfish for a main - Wasn't as tasty as it has been in the past.
Wouldn't hesitate for a return visit.

1  Thank Steve B