“luxuriant”

Lochgreen House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Troon
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I stayed at the Lochgreen Hotel prior to a family wedding. The staff were friendly, polite and helpful. The room was spacious, clean and felt luxuriant in a definite Scottish baronial style. The rest of the hotel, including the restaurant, was of a similar high standard.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone needing a place to stay in the area wanting a little bit of luxury.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed January 27, 2014

I attended lochgreen in march for my dad's wedding and brought my mum for lunch in December and both times it was brilliant. The wedding was well looked after by the mc and the staff very helpful. When I brought my mum for lunch the food and service were both exquisite indeed. On both occasions the young manager craig was very helpful.

Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Yet again I was welcomed most warmly by all the staff, despite the fact that I was later than intended checking in - it was no trouble to arrange a table for dinner, literally at 5 minutes notice. Dinner was delicious, and the chef accommodated my food allergies perfectly. The care and attention here is second to none, and nothing was too much trouble. I had my "usual" room, with a very comfortable bed and a magnificent bathroom. I met many friends from previous Hogmanay parties, so there was an element of "coming home". Hogmanay dinner was wonderful - the beef was so tender it was like cutting through softened butter and the taste was devine. A couple, new to the celebrations, were very impressed by the round tables enabling them to mix and get to know other revellers, and so it was a brilliant way to greet 2014. Needless to say, I have already booked for next year!!! All the best for 2014.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 6, 2014

This hotel was suggested to us and my wife and I visited mid December. This is an excellent hotel and offers all one expects of a top class country house hotel. Comfortable lounges to enjoy chat and coffee and a little but very interesting gift shop. The bedrooms were spacious, well furnished and spotless, complemented with an equally spacious bathroom
The restaurant was easily three rosette standard - a superb dinner was enjoyed by us both - and the wine list is not over the top
The only grouse we would have was at breakfast where we found the service not as attentive as we would expect - for instance both our orders were wrong and the service a bit laid back.
Above said - we will be back!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 19, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at the Lochgreen House hotel on many ocassions. On each ocassion, we say the meals we enjoyed were the best ever, however, they just keep getting better and better. The hotel has such a lovely relaxing atmosphere.

The staff are all lovely and so helpful and attentive. I am gluten intolerant and it is never an issue with the Restaurant staff, who consistently impress me with delicious food. The rooms are excellent and absolutely spotless. The hotel grounds are always stunning.

My sisters and sister in law & I enjoyed a ladies festive sparkle night and each of them commented how wonderful it was.

We cannot wait to retun once again to Lochgreen House hotel in the New year.

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank globetrottersGlasgow
Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

Loch green never fails to impress. The spa is amazing, as is the afternoon lunch you can get afterwards. The rooms are huge and beautiful. They are absolutely spotless. The baths are massive and so relaxing. The 5 course dinner is lovely, always a good choice on the menu and food is always beautiful. The staff are ever so polite and always consider your needs. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. It is simply wonderful and I will return to it as many times as I can.

Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed December 1, 2013

This hotel is both cosy and grand. The welcome is very warm, and the place retains a cosy, ladiback feeling. But once you enter the rooms you are into a 5 star world. They are absolutely huge! You could have played football in ours!
The place is less than 5 mins drive or taxi from Prestwick airport so a great stop-off point for relaxation on the way away/back from abroad.
The beds are super kingsize, the furnishings are of the highest quality, and there are enormous bathrooms, huge TVs, lots of pampering - you feel very spoilt.
Scottish breakfast is absolutely top notch, with the best quality sausages, bacon, black pudding etc from around the country and a huge buffet with lots of fresh fruit, smoked salmon, pastries etc. The evening restaurant is also very good indeed - mixing the best Scottish produce with french cooking skills.
We had our young children with us and the staff were very happy to accommodate them. The service was faultless in all departments. Overall, a really excellent stay.

Room Tip: All rooms looked very large, and very peaceful. Don't miss the breakfast!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troon
The Marine Hotel
Western House Hotel
Auchrannie Resort
Auchrannie Resort
#1 of 3 in Brodick

Been to Lochgreen House Hotel? Share your experiences!