Lochgreen House Hotel
$121
Agoda.com
$147
$142
Old Loans Inn(Troon)(Great Value!)
$170
$164
Hotels.com
$112
Travelocity
$138
Parkstone(Prestwick)
$103
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
Manor Park Hotel(Prestwick)
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
  • Room Service
All reviewsamuse boucherooms are hugefirst classcoffee and petit foursquichedrawing roommalt roomfunction suiteafternoon tealoch greenhighest qualitylog firebeautiful hotelspecial occasiontop classsandwicheslounge area
Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

Lovely lunch to celebrate an anniversary and a birthday. Superb selection on the menu. Excellent quality and service. Definitely recommend this place and look forward to going again. Love the open fire in reception and the festive decorations.

• Stayed: December 2012
CraigHarvie, Operations Manager at Lochgreen House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It was nice to read you enjoyed your double celebration with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to Lochgreen House in the near future.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

We spent a weekend in Lochgreen House for a family birthday. I mean no hyperbole when I say it was the best stay I've had in a hotel. The warm welcome at reception (who were already expecting us and had everything ready for instant checkin) was continued throughout our stay. The public areas are beautiful - the style would be easy to unintentionally make fussy but the staff have ensured everything is tasteful and very relaxing. The rooms were beautiful - well appointed, clean and comfortable. We had our 4 week old baby with us - still no bother! A cot was provided and there was no difficulty at all with her in the dining room for both dinner and breakfast. I have intentionally left the food till the end - the hotel is famous for its food and for good reason. The menu was fantastic and the food all of the highest standard. Searching for a criticism, all we can think of is the particularly pungeant Scottish cheese (for which we can hardly blame the hotel!). We'd love to return here and spend longer - it must be amazing in the summer as the gardens look very well kept. The staff were all very friendly, the reception staff recalling our names every time I walked past them.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
CraigHarvie, Operations Manager at Lochgreen House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2012

Thank you for your recent review of Lochgreen House.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and would like to thank you for your very kind comments regarding the staff, the accommodation and the food.

I do hope you will return to the hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Just returned from our 8th visit to Lochgreen.
From the first class service on booking from the kind lady on reception to the arrival yesterday Saturday 1st December where she again welcomed us and remembered our name throughout the weekend.

As usual,the log fire welcomed us in to our weekend experience staying over with Friends on our 4th Annual Pre Christmas weekend.

This was the first time we had stayed in the old part of the hotel in our Big Luxury bedroom.

After enjoying a lovely lunch in the hotel, a walk in the town before retirning for a luxurious soak before our Dinner.What can we say but it was up to the excellent standard we expect ,a lovely relaxing experience with attentive staff. Finishing off the evening with Coffees in the lounge ( a wee bit colder tha normal) we looked at our watches and wondered where the last four hours had gone.
Breakfast on the Sunday was slightly different than earlier visits & not sure if the new structure of a Buffet Breakfast works, cold plates, bit of a guddle round the food area,and we thoiught slightly spoiled the Ambience of the hotel..........not the usual Costley attenton to detail..................

However we will be back in Spring & Summer again for overnight stays,as well as impromptu lunches & will be booking again for the First Saturday in December next year with our friends which is becoming an annual experience....A truly relaxing weekend, great food, choice of wines & again the kind receptionist remembering our names again on leaving............

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
CraigHarvie, Operations Manager at Lochgreen House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write your kind review. It was very pleasing to read that you found our reception team "first class". Our reception team does a fantastic job and I am glad you appreciated the fact that the receptionist on duty remembered you name upon arrival and throughout your stay with us.
It is encouraging to read you thoroughly enjoyed all your dining experiences during your stay. I take your comments about the coffee on board and can only apologise and also the comments regarding the breakfast buffet.
It will be a pleasure to welcome you back to Lochgreen in the near future.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

Stayed three nights at the Loch Green Hotel in one of their best rooms with balcony etc.
The bath could not be used due to a lack of hot water which I reported at the time to reception.
No action was taken despite reporting this matter again. I was advised on our last evening that the Manager would meet us on the morning of our departure. On checking out I was informed he was busy and would write to me. Received an email five days later informing me the fault was a thermostat and had now been fixed but this was of little consolation to us.
I responded in writing to the Manager Craig Harvie that I thought some adjustment should be made to the cost of our stay. No reply was received and I again wrote to Mr Harvie. This letter was also ignored.
I then wrote to the Managing Director to advise him of our experience. Again this letter was ignored so I sent a follow up by recorded delivery and to my disappointment no reply has been received.
Our friends who recommended this hotel are astonished at the treatment we received and suggested I write to the Chairman. My letter to him was also ignored.
Reception staff were most helpful and the lady who served breakfast was excellent.
We normally use hotels of this quality and cannot recall an experience like this in forty years.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank William F
CraigHarvie, Operations Manager at Lochgreen House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Thank you for taking the time Mr Farquharson to write your review and your positive feedback on our reception and breakfast staff.
As explained in my email there was a fault with our hot water system that was outwith our control and subsequently this fault has been repaired.
I note your comments regarding the correspondence that was sent to the hotel for the attention of myself, the Managing Director and the Chairman of the company. I must say that it is highly unusual for us not to respond. Having checked with Head Office I can confirm to you that your letters were not recieved, had they been received they would of been responded to immediately.
I asumed that the matter was dealt with when I emailed you and did not receive a response. Should you wish to discuss the matter please do not hesitate to contact me personally at the hotel.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

We stayed over a weekend in mid-November and the welcome was as warm as the weather was cold and windy. There was a roaring log fire in the reception lounge which created a great atmosphere. From the moment I checked in every member of staff addressed me by name, a skill seldom seen nowadays and it does impress. Dinner in the evening was good and the wine reasonably priced for it's quality.
The room was huge with a proportionately sized well fitted bathroom with a big free standing bath in the middle of the floor. The bed was big and comfortable.
We attended a charity function on the Saturday night which was well attended and well served with no reduction in food quality.
We had a lie in way past check out time on Sunday with no hassle to vacate the room which added to the pleasantness of our stay.
To sum up.
The Lochgreen House is a quite exceptional Scottish Hotel. We will definitely return.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
CraigHarvie, Operations Manager at Lochgreen House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2012

On behalf of everyone at Lochgreen House Hotel I'd like to thank you for you very kind and positive review. It was so pleasing to read you found our log fire so welcoming. It is a very popular feature within our hotel and a great place to warm up once you have come in from the cold. It was also encouraging to read you enjoyed your meals with us, in our main dining room and at the charity event which you attended within the hotel.
I hope to see you back at Lochgreen in the not too distant future.