“never again....... not even for free”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Troon
The Anchorage Hotel
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Troon
Glasgow
“never again....... not even for free”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stayed here with my husband and our 2 daughters aged 4 and 9 months. Booked through glasgows great deals and got a great deal though it wasnt the best place in the world we thought we would give it a go cos our daughter loves troon! The room we stayed in was a family room, well so the say but it was tiny and no room for a travel cot. I could just get my pram in and no more! my daughter ended up sleeping in the bed with me while my husband shared with our other daughter. thats not a problem though we can deal with that. the problem i found was the rooms are filthy, there was rubbish from previous guests and empty cigarette boxes in the wardrobe! no need, basic cleaning is a must in hotels. We had dinner in the restaurant, service was on the slow side though the food was good & value for money. breakfast in the morning was on the other hand rubbish, i think they make it all in a fryer, it was very greasey and looked like it had been in a fryer! both mornings was the same so i just opted for the cereal.
Im not a moaner in life, i just make the most of the situation but i said i would never stay here again just for the simple reason of the basics. It is a 200 yr old hotel so its not going to be very modern but you expect it to be clean even if it was 1000 yrs old.

Room Tip: I think they are all pretty much the same!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stayed at this Hotel Saturday the 18th August one nights stay first impression at reception
average hotel given room 14 clean And tidy no view only complaint
booked a meal at the bar staff friendly and helpful the food was excellent and plenty in the
servings and reasonably priced.
stayed that night enjoyed sleep bed okay
Breakfast in the morning very good apart for orange juice could do with less water again staff
very pleasant
Enjoyed stay

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
renfrew
Reviewed August 14, 2012

My partner and I booked this hotel through Glasgow's Great Deals and booked for 7th and 8th August. We arrived and checked in being given room 6.
The corridor was so badly lit, that the room numbers were barely visible. Going further down the corridor, I thought we had gone the wrong way, that the two remaining doors must be cupboards. On taking a step further I fell down two stairs which were not visible in the poor light ( which the manager later agreed). This fall resulted in a badly sprained left ankle which is still bruised and needing a support bandage. My glasses were also broken and unusable.
My partner went to the manager for an ice pack, he provided a jug of ice and a tea towel. I would have expected an hotel to have a proper ice pack not an improvised one. There did not appear to be a first aider as no first aid or medical aid was offered. I tried to pour cold water into the bath to soak my visibly swelling ankle in cold water but this was not possible as the bath plug was broken. I am still waiting on the replacement that was promised. The manager came back to fill in the incident report form and he did agree that the corridor was poorly lit.
He dealt with the lighting issue quickly and offered us an extra drink with dinner, but no mention of getting my glasses repaired. I had to rest in the room for the rest of that evening, so that was the first day ruined.
After a sleepless night due to pain and a very low uncomfortable bed. I managed with my partner's help to hobble downstairs for breakfast. However the pain was such that there was no way we could stay for the second day that we had paid for.
We went to reception and spoke to the lady manager, saying that the pain was too much and we would have to go home. She was aware of my accident and alluded to it saying what a shame, at this point I was close to tears and just wanted to be out of there.
On returning home I contacted the hotel and asked that in the circumstances would it be possible to reuse the voucher, or at the very least have a refund of the second night already paid for. Well that was 5 days ago and I have not even had my contact acknowledged. Therefore I would just like to make future visitors aware of the lack of customer care and health and safety issues.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank captainandsuze

Travelers are raving about these Troon hotels

bellshill
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Had a great Saturday overnite stay here on a groupon deal we arrived on Saturday pm and stayed in room 10 over looking the ferry terminal room was clean if a bit dated but great value wouldnt have minded if i had paid full price. We ate in the hotel bar at nite were the fish and chips was up their with the best i've ever eaten and the staff were so friendly and service was great so don't listen to other reviewers saying service is slow all in all a great place to stay !!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank dorry8574
Wishaw, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Had a really enjoyable stay. Travelled with 2 adults and 2 teenagers and all agreed hotel very nice and clean and food amazing, we were on a deal but ended up eating in the restaurant our second night too. Staff very nice. Rooms are badly needing some TLC 3 out of our 4 beds very uncomfortable, you could feel all the springs.
All in all though really did enjoy our couple of days.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank diane q
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 2, 2012

after reading some reviews i was a little doubtful about going, but we arrived on sunday pm and got our room which was at the front overlooking the sea and ferry port, a lovely view.
the hotel staff were very nice and friendly and the meals were excellent value and big portions, the weather was good to us and we enjoyed our stay, we will happily go back again

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank linda t
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Stayed here on deal In May with husband son and grandson in family room on top floor. Meal on first night took ages (45 mins) to be served and although we booked a table when checking in this had been over looked. So although food was good we did not eat here on second night. Staff were firendly.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank s_macgregor3
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troon
The Marine Hotel
Hallmark Hotel Irvine
Parkstone
Parkstone
#1 of 6 in Prestwick

Been to The Anchorage Hotel? Share your experiences!