“good old fasioned pub with good people”
Review of MacIntyres Pub

MacIntyres Pub
Ranked #25 of 48 Restaurants in Troon
Cuisines: British
Reviewed August 12, 2014

great place for a great night out with friends (traditional pub). Friendly and no hassle! Bar and door staff very welcoming. We all had a very good night out and will be back when we next visit Troon next year...

1  Thank Gerry S

Reviewed July 5, 2014

After a wonderful day touring Troon with my family, I chose this lovely looking wee pub to grab some softdrinks and use the loo before our long journey home.

I entered first as my husband finished a call on his mobile. With seemingly no one at the bar i headed towards the ladies only to be shouted back aggressively in front of all the customers by a mature, blonde barmaid who asked sternly if she could help me, i said jovially that I was popping to the ladies (6 mths pregnant) before I could finish my sentence to explain my husband would be following me in to buy some drinks and feeling very embarrassed the barmaid intimidatingly declared 'we dont just let anyone in off the street' then gruntled to customers sitting at the bar that 'it would have been nice of HER to ask' i was completely mortified and confused about such a confrontational reaction to such a minor event.

I just said 'oh okay it doesn't matter' and left hearing the mumblings of her discussing me as I walked out.

Horrible experience which spoiled my day.

10  Thank CarrieG2809
Reviewed July 3, 2014

This is a great friendly wee pub (over 18's only) decorated with lots of interesting memorabilia, which adds to the character. It is small so just sells nuts etc., but well worth a visit for a drink (a wide range on offer, including special vodkas and malts). There is a free juke box so the music suits the age group of the customers, which is good, as day time to early evening customers are older, but at night it is a very popular bar for the young.

We love when Anna is working, she is a very well liked bar person with a great sense of humour who makes time for everyone, but is very astute and would have no qualms about refusing any undesirables.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

very small busy bar in the town centre,mainly for the younger set but all made welcome,staff and stewards excellent but sitting is at a minimum,if your going get in early

1  Thank gerjuls
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I am 26 weeks pregnant and was n the local area, I thought I would pop into the bar too use the ladies and then have a look round. I was shouted at by a lady with blonde curly hair, she told me that I was not to go to the ladies as it was for paying customers only. As she shouted this i felt very uncomfortable and politely said that I was 26 weeks pregnant and really needed to use the ladies could I please just go ahead to this she shouted at me again to get out the pub ! I had no time to respond to even say I would pay for a drink at this point I wanted to leave as soon as possible as she was shouting very loudly and I felt very intimidated. I would have stayed should there have been a friendlier atmosphere as I was actually very tired and hungry after a long day. What can I say after this ? Do not come here if you expect to be treated fairly as a human, no empathy, no respect, lack of morals and this is before I could even review any of the services. Basically if this is what it is like at the start I would hate to find out what anything else would be like. Completely rude, loud and ignorant !

7  Thank bernadettepaterson