“lovely tea room”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Groodfood and good value for money and very nicely presented and staff are very nice, this is 4 time I have eaten at this tea room will definitely go back

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Good location, food really quite nice, neither expensive nor cheap, ladies cloakroom needing a thorough scrub. I am writing this though because the service was so poor, offhand and rude. Not so much as a thank you upon a customer paying the bill. This cafe needs to take on board these comments - not the first time these have been made. Come on, Scottish service deserves better.

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Went here on sunday with my family and in laws. Ordered malteaser cake and full works hot chocolate along and everyone else ordered their drinks and got them, no hot chocolate arrived assumed it was still being made. Time past and i said to my partner and he asked about it, the reply was "it was with the works" in a tone which suggested they forgot to make it. Despite having been the second persons order and i rec'd the cake, my partner could see i was annoyed but too fuming to say and if i did i would have gave a piece of mind too so he spoke for me. Really not happy and if i am in troon again will defo be going elsewhere.

2  Thank angelmummy999
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Lovely cafe for delicious cakes and coffees. It can be very busy at times but is worth the wait. There is a good selection of goodies to choose from.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Lovely food, but they charge to much for tiny portions. Yesterday we sat outsided I ordered Lentil Soup followed by chips and audrey ordered a panini. After 5 minutes, I worked out that they might be going to give me the soup and the chips at the same time. I went in and asked and they were, but said they'd bring the soup out right away. The soup was nice, but it was a very small bowel and they then came out with the home made chips and the panini. I asked for some salt, vinegar and tomato sauce. I'd ate half the chips by the time they brought out the vinegar and sauce, but no salt. Chips were lovely, but very sparse. The panini got a lovely from Audrey.

Good food, but small portions and not the greatest service. Some common sense required by the staff.