“Great family cafe”
Review of Marina Cafe - CLOSED

Marina Cafe
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I always enjoy the marina cafe especially after a long beach walk. Great fish and chips ,delicious Italian cakes. icecream and lattes staff really friendly it's such a lovely treat to go and sit inside

Roberto c, Owner at Marina Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

I want to thank you personally for your kind comments and look forward to seeing you again soon after your walk .

Reviewed October 16, 2013

This place is clearly for regulars only. Did not feel welcome. The staff were more concerned with looking after their pals.

The chippies ordered were of poor quality - how can you get chips wrong? The food was tasteless.

Will not be back.

Roberto c, Owner at Marina Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

I have read your review i was wondering when you visited our cafe as we have been closed for our annual holidays .I noticed your review is dated october 16 we have been closed since the 8th of october and re opened the 24th .If you visited us before then I am truly sorry for your experience i can assure you we are welcoming to all our customers i don't know why happened when you were in but i will take this on board .
As for the chips being tasteless i can only apologise again and assure you if you had returned them we would have made you fresh again or given you a refund . your review said you won't be back i just hope you can change your mind and give us another chance .

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Every now and then, we pop up to The Marina for chips or ice cream. What places like this have is character, something you can't buy, and it is for that reason (and the good food) we always return when in the area. And besides, our daughters remember it with fondness each time we visit, something that can't be said for chain establishments.

Buon appetito!

Roberto c, Owner at Marina Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Thank you for your lovely comments ,Its true about premises like our own about it having character,when we refurbished 4 years ago after the first refurbishment when we bought The marina cafe 20 years earlier ,we didnt want to lose that feeling of traditional Itallian owned and run cafe .I think we did a good job and I'm glad to hear positive comments from customers . hope to see you soon .

Reviewed September 18, 2013

After reading the reviews for Marina Cafe I want to write my experiences! Generally I eat in here once a year - well it is opposite the P&O terminal!! The food is always hot and tasty and the traybakes & icecream are very good. If you eat in the portions are huge! Usually I be in during May and but this year I was in again in August on my way home from holidays - it was lovely to be recognised by Lorena - she only sees me once a year and yet we got a great welcome and enquired about our 'mum'. The pizza was 1st class as were the battered sausages. Thanks and hope to see you in May 2014! :)

I would like to thank you for your comments they were much appreciated we are looking forward to seeing you again in may 2014 .

Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Went into the marina cafe as I'd been recommended the pizza's by a friend. Ordered four pizzas so had to wait about fifteen/twenty minutes for them (will know to phone ahead next time!) but the hilarity from the owner Lorena made the wait entertaining to say the least!! Lovely woman and the banter between her and other owner Roberto (brother I presume?) was brilliant! Don't understand other comments about staff relations as there was lots of laughter and chat between owners and staff! Pizza's were classic crispy Italian and extremely good value! Will definitely be back for another 12" chorizo and red onion!

Roberto c, Owner at Marina Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Thank you for your positive comment . im glad you enjoyed our pizzas . It is always best to phone your order in so you dont have to wait. hope to see you back soon , next time you are in let us knw that you left a comment on trip advisor .